Cummins Earthroamer on BaT for 25 K current bid.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Says who? The pro diesel shops don't think so---very reliable they state once fully bulletproofed. (Now the later 6.4L, yes. Late model 6.7L is the best, in addition to the earlier 7.3L.)

Agreed with you on a Frankenstein, and possible issues arising from that "custom swap." Having had a mildly bulletproofed 6.0L that treated me very well, I'd personally rather have a no-performance-mods, yet bulletproofed 6.0L. That way any good Ford diesel tech can work on it without possible headaches.

YMMV

We are both saying the same thing.
The 6.0 is good once bulletproofed.
6.4 is a throwaway.
I had a 7.3 that I loved.
The first year 6.7 they had some turbo issues, and since then they have gotten much better.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
We are both saying the same thing.
The 6.0 is good once bulletproofed.
6.4 is a throwaway.
I had a 7.3 that I loved.
The first year 6.7 they had some turbo issues, and since then they have gotten much better.

Well I've had a 5.9 that leaked oil heavily and blew injectors and a turbo before 60k, a 7.3 that I sold with 410k on the ticker and a 6.0 with EGR delete and remote oil cooler (no head studs or coolant filter, which is the balance of a good bulletproof) that I sold with 300k on the ticker and no blowby. Anecdotal I know. Loved both of my Powerstrokes and liked my Cummins. 6.0 has a very stout bottom end and between 2005 and 2007, you get that awesome coil sprung front end (even better wide tack Super 60front end on the 450 and 550) and a Torqshift transmission, which are both massive upgrades over the 7.3 years. On balance in fact I'd say that a properly maintained and deleted 6.0 is a better truck than the 7.3 years, although the 7.3 is my favorite passenger car engine of all time, and can be had at a discount because of all the scary stories. Even the 7.3 had stuff though. Leaky fuel bowl turbo pedestal valve thing, cam position sensors and wiring harnesses to name a few.

On this truck I remember this drama. Buyer be ware. I wouldn't go above $60k.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Well I've had a 5.9 that leaked oil heavily and blew injectors and a turbo before 60k, a 7.3 that I sold with 410k on the ticker and a 6.0 with EGR delete and remote oil cooler (no head studs or coolant filter, which is the balance of a good bulletproof) that I sold with 300k on the ticker and no blowby. Anecdotal I know. Loved both of my Powerstrokes and liked my Cummins. 6.0 has a very stout bottom end and between 2005 and 2007, you get that awesome coil sprung front end (even better wide tack Super 60front end on the 450 and 550) and a Torqshift transmission, which are both massive upgrades over the 7.3 years. On balance in fact I'd say that a properly maintained and deleted 6.0 is a better truck than the 7.3 years, although the 7.3 is my favorite passenger car engine of all time, and can be had at a discount because of all the scary stories. Even the 7.3 had stuff though. Leaky fuel bowl turbo pedestal valve thing, cam position sensors and wiring harnesses to name a few.

On this truck I remember this drama. Buyer be ware. I wouldn't go above $60k.

DANG!! You got knowledge!
If this the ER that we think it is,,,,,run away!
Wasn’t this the one that was involved in an alien abduction, or something like that?

E

eugarps

I'm watching it. It's a bummer they didn't swap the Ford transmission for an Allison.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I’d be very interested in knowing how they got it smogged in California. This is something I’d want to see documented before any money past hands.
Me too. It's a 12v and can't meet the 2005 emissions standards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven