Custom Expedition camper top for sale (fits Ram 1500 quad cab)

fastlakota

I have a custom built, expedition-ready, camper top that was fitted to a 2009 Quad Cab Dodge Ram 1500. I sold the truck, now I need to sell the top. This is a custom 36" tall A.R.E. DCU aluminum topper (white in color) that has been fully insulated and wired up with an electric heater, A/C and D/C lights and outlets throughout the interior. All wiring for 6 A/C outlets and two D/C outlets is behind the interior walls and is well done. The interior sliding door cabinetry is constructed of stained and varnished 1/2" cabinet grade plywood and wood paneling. Everything is glued and screwed in postion and is very sturdy. I also have a custom awning that mounts to the back of the unit. My wife and I have spent over two months traveling and camping with the use of this mini-camper. The unit is very offroadable and contains very impressive craftsmanship. I spent months designing and nearly every free minute for over 4 months to construct it. We have used it for two cross-country adventures. I also have a custom platform that goes with the topper that turns into a queen-size bed for sleeping, a dining table, and has a built-in water tank and sink with running water. The entire setup does not require any drilling on your vehicle and is perfect for two people. The bed is 6'4" in length.
Send me a message if you think you might be interested and I will work on uploading some photos. Asking price is $1500 USD.

Last edited:

Xrunner

Explorer
Please post a price (it's required by the forum rules).

Posted pictures will also help attract more interest... sounds like a setup!

fastlakota

Finally, some pictures of the camper top!

Finally had some time to prepare some pictures of the camper top I've got for sale. My wife didn't want to be the camper model, so she asked me to blot her out. You can see the dining table set up in two of the pics and folded up in the others. You can also see the stainless steel sink with faucet that folds down flush. The dining table and the boards on the left bunk are used to fill-in the middle section at night to make one queen size bed. The lights in the ceiling are independently switched high-efficiency fluorescent ac lights. That's a porta-potti in the center against the front wall of the cab, but it's not going to sell with the camper top. There is a 6 gallon fresh water tank mounted up high in the cabinet on the right that is gravity fed to the sink. Everything is hand sanded, stained and varnished with atleast 4 coats of Spar marine grade varnish.

Let me know if you have questions.

Attachments

• IMG_6497.JPG
    IMG_6497.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2745.JPG
    IMG_2745.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 4,962
  • IMG_4726.JPG
    IMG_4726.JPG
    419.3 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_4727.JPG
    IMG_4727.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_4730.JPG
    IMG_4730.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_5790.JPG
    IMG_5790.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_6265.JPG
    IMG_6265.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_6267.JPG
    IMG_6267.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_6457.JPG
    IMG_6457.JPG
    395.4 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

fastlakota

Well folks....I stopped trying to sell the expo camper top there for a while, but I'm back in the mood to sell. Let me know if you are interested

alaska

Observer
Well folks....I stopped trying to sell the expo camper top there for a while, but I'm back in the mood to sell. Let me know if you are interested

The work you did starting with an A.R.E. DCU is truly exquisite, really great quality work! If it were for an 8ft-bed Ram 2500/3500, I'd be very tempted to buy it myself, as I'm planning to build something along the same lines. I hope you don't mind, I used one of your pictures and placed a link to this thread in my thread on truck pass-throughs, here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-Show-Talk-About-Yours!?p=1830196#post1830196
Do you happen to have a build thread for this camper? It would be great.... Good luck with your sale!

hiddenlk

Observer
Hey is this setup still for sale? It looks like it makes a lot of sense, what was your gas mileage with the topper? It seems like there would be a helluva lot of wind drag from that shell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven