Custom trailer fabricator wanted

1willisrobbins

Looking for a fabricator to bring my off-road trailer plan to life. I’m in Denver, but am willing to hire anyone with the appropriate skills.
I need an aluminum box that is 6.5’ by 6.5’ by 12.5’ or better still a 5’x6.5’x12.5’ with an Aliner/AntiShanty roof), on a dual Timbren suspension capable of mounting 33” tires. Help me build my dream.
Thanks

samthomp85

Looking for a fabricator to bring my off-road trailer plan to life. I’m in Denver, but am willing to hire anyone with the appropriate skills.
I need an aluminum box that is 6.5’ by 6.5’ by 12.5’ or better still a 5’x6.5’x12.5’ with an Aliner/AntiShanty roof), on a dual Timbren suspension capable of mounting 33” tires. Help me build my dream.
Thanks

Www.seedwoodworking.com

This is my website. I am very interested in making this happen for you.

Email me at seedwoodworking@gmail.com

This is what I do. I live in Idaho and make a living as A carpenter. But I can also weld and fabricate. I have made custom drawers for vehicles, custom camper shells, custom lumber racks and an off-road teardrop camper, to name a few.

Starting on a custom Mobil sauna for a customer this fall.

1willisrobbins

Thanks for the reply.
Your website is great.
Your skill set is impressive.
I'm looking for somebody who specializes in trailers.
Only the best to you and your family.

1willisrobbins

I found this old post and it references a company here in Colorado, https://www.trailermadetrailers.com/

Just twisted through the thread, sweet build but a Taxa product is not for me. Not strong enough. The composite paneling maybe light and well engineered but it cannot take a hit. So yeah I never got a reply from Trailermadetrailer as I looked locally first at quite a few trailer manufacturers. It did not appear that they worked in aluminum frames...Came to realize most of the ‘custom’ trailer operation buy shells/frame from big trailer manufacturers and then modify them for customers since presumably the big guys are USDOT/NHTSA registered making interstate sale easier. Alum-line said they could build it so I will get a price from them, and another from a new off-road camper upstart in Nevada.

billiebob

Just twisted through the thread, sweet build but a Taxa product is not for me. Not strong enough. The composite paneling maybe light and well engineered but it cannot take a hit. So yeah I never got a reply from Trailermadetrailer as I looked locally first at quite a few trailer manufacturers. It did not appear that they worked in aluminum frames...Came to realize most of the ‘custom’ trailer operation buy shells/frame from big trailer manufacturers and then modify them for customers since presumably the big guys are USDOT/NHTSA registered making interstate sale easier. Alum-line said they could build it so I will get a price from them, and another from a new off-road camper upstart in Nevada.
You might have to do it all yourself, sounds like you know exactly what you want and how you want it built. Those criteria make it unlikely you will find a craftsman willing to commit to the project. The easy way to get something built is to have a general idea and compromise, modify the plan to just "git 'er done".

OR have a full set of comprehensive plans, a full spec, and put that out to tender. You have neither and are super critical of every suggestion. You need to do it all in house, one stage at a time, with an unlimited budget.

At the very least you need to state where you live. This is an international forum, hate to see you fall in love with a guy 25,000 miles away.

Bluvan

If you are still looking...

After searching for something similar, I was directed to Camper Repairadise near Salt Lake. I spoke with them and they are willing to design and build custom. The lead time is long with so much happening in this space these days.

dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven