Dakars on unloaded 05+ Taco

CraigT

Looking to lift my '08 DC Taco. I have stubbs weld on sliders and BudBuilt skids for added weight. I have the TSB springs and find them to flex adequately and handle the weight of camping gear fine. I particularly like that I can drive down rutted fire roads without getting bounced all over.

I know I want Icon coil-overs up front and am considering OME Dakars and shocks in back. I'm concerned that the OME in the back will be very stiff unless I have more weight. In the future I may add a roof top tent, maybe a high clearance rear bumper, but then again I may never make those invesments.

I know there are alot of folks with Dakars here. How will the Dakars behave with my current set up?

Thx!

barlowrs

Explorer
You can actually adjust the Dakars by adding and removing leafs. If you get the standard pack (non Heavy duty) it should be perfect for you. Mine worked great. Once I got my rear bumper on (lots of weight off the back end) the rear started to sag so I just installed the extra leaf to make it the HD pack, works great again.

I think you will do just fine with the standard pack for you.

CodyB

Observer
I have the standard leaf pack on my DCLB and the ride is fine for everday use. I have a headache rack and carry two spares so there is not a lot of extra weight when not loaded for a trip. The front has an ARB with M8000 and the OME 886 setup. I think the standard leaf pack would be about perfect especially on the short bed trucks.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
You can actually adjust the Dakars by adding and removing leafs. If you get the standard pack (non Heavy duty) it should be perfect for you. Mine worked great. Once I got my rear bumper on (lots of weight off the back end) the rear started to sag so I just installed the extra leaf to make it the HD pack, works great again.

I think you will do just fine with the standard pack for you.

x2

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
For all thier load carrying ability, the OME springs flex REALLY well. As has now ben said several times, the standard duty set-up should be perfect for your truck. If you think you like the TSB rear springs, you're in a for a plesent suprise with the OME's... they're ALOT better springs and they really are near impossible to beat dollar for dollar.

Go OME and don't look back, I know I never will.

Cheers

Dave

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Do it, you'll be happy. The OME CS047R springs have an overload setup, so while unloaded the retain the desirable flex and spring rate yet when loaded you have the additional spring rate of the overload leafs. I rarely hear from a customer that isn't extremely pleased with the leafs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh