Danielf's 2010 T4R budget build...

Danielf

Observer
Hi all. Been lurking the site for a while now and posted a few times but never my own thread. Figured it was time to start one and what better way then with a build. I am not new to 4wheeling or camping but have never done any real long journeys. At least not yet. I try and do Mojave Road every year but it doesn't always happen. Anyway before I get started on the build, here's a few pics of my last build...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 233

Danielf

Observer
I sold that rig because my wife and I bought our first home and I had it in my head that if you have a home you MUST have a truck. So I sold it and purchased a Toyota Tacoma extra cab. Mild build before 2 months late my wife hits me with the "I'm pregnant". So the truck had to go and I was in search of a vehicle with more room. That when the 04 disco 2 came into play. Bad *** rig. Cdl, ome suspension and 31s and bam 9 months later a tree uproots and caves in the roof. Gone. So looking for a more "maintenance free" truck I went back to Toyota. That's when I found my 2010 sr5. Wanted a trd pro but my inner Jew wouldn't let me spend $45k on truck just cause it has black wheels and red coil springs. So I settled for a trail edition. Yet again the Swartz was with me and put a stop to that as well. $37k just for a locker and 4wd eh idk. So along came a slightly used sr5. 40k miles w/100k ext warranty, $28k OTD.

Danielf

Observer
First mod was a toytec ultimate suspension and tires. image.jpg
Then came the toywerx raptor grill just for looks. image.jpgimage.jpg
Then I decide the lame cookie cutter Cali bro wheels weren't for me and wanted something more fitting. So the TRD wheels arrived...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 16

Danielf

Observer
Not happy with the visual aspect of airaid, I "modified" it as well. All in my quest to keep it looking "factory". Or at least how they should have done it...image.jpg
I removed the SS lid and plastic logo exchanging them for a trd decal I had laying around and I went to ace and made a clear plexi filter cover. Also installed and not shown is a borla pro xs muffler. Super deep and troaty at low end not to raspy up high and at cruising speeds practically drone free.

Danielf

Observer
Now quick side note on this is I needed this truck to be my daily driver and grocery getter Road trip rig all while being my occasional light wheeling or camping truck. Our son has a type of cerebral palsy so I don't want to go overboard like I did with Hummer. I got that out down to 9mpg on a good day and wind at my back going down hill. I'm loving the 17.5mpg city with lift and 33's...

So comms came next in form of a more... Portable version this time Wilson mini and a nice Midland cb image.jpg

Danielf

Observer
So one night I was bored and decided to "modify again". Painted the top plates of the coilovers black and added some TRD decals then cleared over them. Again trying to make everything factory looking.image.jpgimage.jpg

Then the next morning I did the rear hatch. image.jpgimage.jpg. I really liked how it broke up all the silver and chrome. I went red on the "4" because... Well I've never seen it down and wanted to be diff I guess. Oh and brown bear is the children's board book. "Brown bear brown bear, what do you see?" It's my sons fav book.

Danielf

Observer
Then before last months Mojave Road, I removed the lower valance. That alone gave me like 2" or so of added clearance/app angle. image.jpgimage.jpg

Danielf

Observer
And one last visual upgrade... I got it for myself as a Christmas gift last year and this year I gifted myself with aping for my bday. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Just finally got around to installing it yesterday morning.

Last edited:

Danielf

Observer
Eventually as my son gets older and hopefully becomes more mobile I'll be able to continue on. I'd love to do a full on OME lift, Shrock bumpers, arb skids, sliders etc etc. Slowly but surly il keep adding to it if you guys care to follow. Thanks for looking!

C-grunt

That's a good looking truck. What lift is on it and what size tires are those?

When my daughter was younger that was her favorite book too.

Edit: Found the lift... but still wondering what tire size that is? rubbing? trimming done?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach