Darko: 2024 Ram 2500

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
After finishing my M.S. and landing a big job I decided to purchase my first new vehicle this month and wanted a truck, so I present to you Darko the Ram 2500.
20240416_193121.jpg
Wanted something with space and utility and the added highway driving comfort (huge coming from a 20 year old Wrangler) and ended up getting a very nice deal on what you see. The added bonus is a truck that I can comfortably pull my Jeep on a trailer if wanted.

My goal for this truck is keep it very simplistic. No fancy bumpers or lights so soon, rather go for necessity and practicality. Early basics to do that kind of go without saying are seat covers and a steering wheel cover. A big want for me currently is quality fiberglass bed shell but I have no idea where to start, so any experiences or recommendations are welcome.

Other than those simplistic changes, another big one for me in the future are different tires. I'm comfortable with the current factory Firestones for now, but ideally want something a little more aggressive without sacrificing highway comfort and performance.

Also final note, progress is going to be very slow because my work is 1100 miles from home. Hoping to get some trips in come summer however.

COAKXterra

I did! It's on the list, I'm just trying to get opinions of more than just one brand. Trying to buy once, cry once ideally

Also some really nice rebates on the CX models.
Nice. Makes total sense.

It’s not fiberglass but our neighbor just popped a smartcap on his f250 and it looks really nice and certainly has some cool features.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Nice truck! I have also heard great things about Smartcap. Have you considered a GFC or something similar? Best of both worlds if you ask me. I had a fiberglass shell on my old F150 and liked it enough to not get rid of it but definitely didn't love it. GFC allows for secure storage and a place to sleep in the same place. 100% USA made too!

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Nice. Makes total sense.

It’s not fiberglass but our neighbor just popped a smartcap on his f250 and it looks really nice and certainly has some cool features.
I have actually. They seem really nice but not a huge fan of the actual look. I'll take another look at them for sure.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Nice truck! I have also heard great things about Smartcap. Have you considered a GFC or something similar? Best of both worlds if you ask me. I had a fiberglass shell on my old F150 and liked it enough to not get rid of it but definitely didn't love it. GFC allows for secure storage and a place to sleep in the same place. 100% USA made too!
I'll take a look, figured they were out of my budget to be honest.

The idea of utilizing a shell as a place to sleep is appealing but also simplicity is what I'm trying to stick to. That's not to say that GFC doesn't offer a very simplistic method of storage and place to sleep. Just not sure if that's the direction I want to go. I'll definitely entertain the idea and see what the actual price is. If the price is right plus the added benefits over a generic fiberglass top is there, it's a serious option to consider.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
I think GFC is a bit out of my budget after taking a look at the options😅

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger