Darko: 2024 Ram 2500

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Great looking Ram! This is actually my first post lol. Here with a '23 Power Wagon in Delmonico Red and saw a post about a Smartcap up top. My smartcap is in the garage right now. Hope to put it together this weekend. Jealous of your 18 MPG lol. I max at 13.9 for a 2 hour drive. I just pretend my truck is too dumb to know how to make the number 14.

Side note: For me, the Decked system was a game changer. Don't have to help people move as much and I can keep all the gear I can even think of in the drawers in a 6'4 bed and still have room. Just my 2 cents. Love the truck! Wish I had the Cummins but it was a give and take decision.
Appreciate it! And a Power Wagon is still awesome, just remember they now have a "Cummins Power Wagon" if you ever get the itch.

I'm still on the fence about a decked system. Also I'm not crazy about the smart cap, for stupid reasons aside from the price. Seems to be an awesome bed cap otherwise.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Got a couple minor things for the truck as I come off my current work hitch:

1. Seat covers. I wanted clothes seat mainly because I didn't want to deal with the upkeep of leather seats. However, I know how quickly cloth seats seal in smells and spills so I ordered some seat covers that kinda match the truck but also fit my whole geologist vibe. They should arrive by the time I get home this week and I'll post photos thrown on.

2. Mopar heavy duty splash guards. I got this idea actually from RamblinChet's truck (excellent thread to read through and love how he has put his truck together). I for one love the aesthetic appeal but also appreciate their practicality. There is concern for them ripping/tearing when offroad but I have no intention of doing any crazy trails so no concern there. That is what my Jeep is for. Actually already had those arrive. I have an appointment to have them installed at my dealership next week.

Future purchases:

1. I currently have funds being set aside for an ARE CX HD bed shell. Decided on this truck shell mainly because it's simple, affordable, and accomplishes what I ideally want from a bed shell. I got a quote, subject to change, for around $3200 being color matched as well as some other little extras.

2. Tires. I have no exact qualms with my factory tires except their abilities offroad in the event I take the truck off the pavement. Been kinda half looking but I have some tires of interest I've put together, all with pros and cons.

-BFG KO2: kinda an obvious option. Great tire overall, probably would accomplish almost everything I would expect from a tire while also being a solid choice offroad in most situations. My biggest concern is longterm wear.

-Cooper AT3: I feel like another obvious option, probably the most road friendly AT on the market that also performs very well in most offroad situations I would probably find myself in. My main concerns are the sidewalls (I know for Jeeps they had substantially weaker sidewalls than most other AT options) and similar to the KO2, longterm wear.

-Goodyear All-Terrain Adventure: probably my least obvious option. Solid all around tire for light offroading and highway driving. Longterm wear is not a concern, I have personal experience with these tires. Easily the least aggressive tires of my listed options.

-Cooper ST MAXX: I adore this tire. I have these tires on my Jeep and also have experience with these tires on work trucks back when I was a surveyor. Excellent offroad in almost every situation. They are a little load on the highway but these do wear like iron (the tires on my Jeep are half tread with 40k miles on them). Biggest cons aside from the highway noise is weight and cost.

All of these tires choices are either ones I have experience with personally or know very well. I also understand comparing Jeep tires to tires on a 6000 pound truck is kinda apples to oranges but it's something I can go off of. There are other tires on my radar but these are what are highest on my list just based on experiences. If there are any tires you'd recommend that you have experience with, please let me know.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
After sweating my but off, finally got my seat covers put on. Overall, very nice fit and appear to be great quality. They were not easy to install but I fault that to the seat design of Ram.

My only qualm is I wish they provided some sort of center console cover as well but that's me just being nit picky.

Attachments

• 20240813_142840.jpg
    20240813_142840.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
So I unfortunately did not get my Mopar splash guards installed, had something come up and had to cancel and there was no time or availability for reschedule while I was in town. I plan to reschedule an appointment for when I return to Texas.

In the meantime, drove out to work this time. Over 1100 miles later in about 16 hours and 20mpg the whole way cruising 80.

Attachments

• 20240820_103033.jpg
    20240820_103033.jpg
    705 KB · Views: 7

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Talk about unwanted luck, truck has a check engine light at 3200 miles. Debating on taking the truck to a local dealer or just waiting to get it checked at my normal dealer back in Texas. After all, I begin my drive home on Monday.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Talk about unwanted luck, truck has a check engine light at 3200 miles. Debating on taking the truck to a local dealer or just waiting to get it checked at my normal dealer back in Texas. After all, I begin my drive home on Monday.
Update. Went to start up the truck this morning and run to a local dealer just down the road from my work and the light was gone. Drove a few miles, including being rough on it, to see if I could get the light to recirculate or anything but it stayed off.

Hopefully the light stays off on my drive home but I'll have my dealer in Texas take a look while the Mopar splash guards get installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbar85