DEATH VALLEY RUN - President day weekend

Torquey

Adventurer
We plan on leaving with TyTy13 at 3pm on Friday.

14 - Jason T. - Torquey - Land Cruiser 100 - 3

Nathan and Dennx, can you guys make the 3 pm?

stioc

Expedition Leader
Anyone else want to join us at 3pm Friday ?

We might, what's the meeting spot in OC?

We may head out a bit earlier and meet up with you guys near DV or in DV. Let's come up with a couple of meeting spots and a HAM frequency.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
If I go, I can meet at 3pm on Friday. I live near TyTy. Does Imperial and the 91 make sense to meet? Maybe by the In-N-Out?

tyty13

Adventurer
If I go, I can meet at 3pm on Friday. I live near TyTy. Does Imperial and the 91 make sense to meet? Maybe by the In-N-Out?

We are meeting at my place and hit the road AT 3pm ,Jason is only 3 blocks form me . PM me if any one need's the address .

tyty13

Adventurer
This brings up a good question... what type of communications do each of you have in your rigs? 2M/HAM? CB? FRS/GMRS? Cell phone?

off-roader: CB, FRS/GMRS, & Cell Phone

NAME - SCREEN NAME - VEHICLE - OCCUPANTS - ARRIVAL DATE Communications
3 - Tyson - tyty13 - Montero Gen2 on 33's 2 (heading out from OC Friday 3pm eta 7-8pm)-- CB,RS/GMRS, Cell phone
4 - Naomi - Pathfinder on 265/7516 with LSD 2 (heading out from OC Friday 3pm eta 7-8pm) ----CB,RS/GMRS,Cell phone

stioc

Expedition Leader
I cannot imagine a more ineffective communications device.

I have a CB but I've come to the same conclusion. I only bring the CB if necessary as in if it's all the other guys are running.

I usually just bring my HAM or FRS (latter is more for kids or spotting duties).

kmaclean

I've been looking at campsite reservations in Furnace creek for Saturday night. You can reserve online for furnace creek camp and sunset camp but they both show nothing available. I can't find info about reservations for Texas springs. Also both the furnace creek ranch and Inn look like they are full. We may not be able to camp in Furnace Creek.

Sunday we have a reservation at the Stovepipe Wells lodge. It looks like there are 190 campsites in Stovepipe Wells that are first come first serve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater