Delta MKII from BF Campers in Canada.

reaper229

Hey!
Great post. I signed up to EP just to comment here.
Just bought a used BFCamper MkII myself!
I was wondering if you could say any more regarding how you fixed the leaking? I see the top headboard area seems to be a major culprit, haven't been able to silicone yet because its been pouring rain.
Thanks so much, your post has definitely inspired me.
First pretty much all campers will leaks on a Tacoma bed lol...the corners are hard to seal but I have zero leaks now I use sikaflex with a 12" flexible tube on the tip and filled the holes in the corners...if I'll need to remove the camper one day I know I'm gonna be mad hahahah.

The annoying leaks was on the front of the camper where the tent and box(camper)meet...there is a small space there but in each corners I found a tiny holes and rain was making his ways from there to the bed ...same here I use sikaflex with the flexible tip and filled that freaking holes....no leaks.

You need to watch the bolts from inside (bolts from tent to the box)my complaint here is the guy from BF to not use silicon on these bolts or something to stop water from getting there...stupid imo and you don't have access to the bolts...if you really want you need to removed all the tent and re-sealing everything...PITA.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

reaper229

Some updates inside the camper.
Jackery front acces and a small kitchen stand.
I also installed a NOCO plug so I can recharge the jackery and others stuff easily...I don't really open this side on the camper so I thought it was a great idea.
1e085fd67b930a25f6708241a3bf0831.jpg
be675923ff13629c6e659f641903a8b7.jpg
fec4f3d6e7e58a0898477efde5d4498c.jpg
b7948bcab5ec52986c0f2056238ecc61.jpg

little lion

First pretty much all campers will leaks on a Tacoma bed lol...the corners are hard to seal but I have zero leaks now I use sikaflex with a 12" flexible tube on the tip and filled the holes in the corners...if I'll need to remove the camper one day I know I'm gonna be mad hahahah.

The annoying leaks was on the front of the camper where the tent and box(camper)meet...there is a small space there but in each corners I found a tiny holes and rain was making his ways from there to the bed ...same here I use sikaflex with the flexible tip and filled that freaking holes....no leaks.

You need to watch the bolts from inside (bolts from tent to the box)my complaint here is the guy from BF to not use silicon on these bolts or something to stop water from getting there...stupid imo and you don't have access to the bolts...if you really want you need to removed all the tent and re-sealing everything...PITA.

Thank you sir! I was able to seal the bed corners quite well with silicone! But youre right it looks like hell and I don’t want to see it without the camper on it lol.

the bolts you mention, that’s where I am getting water in now. I am thinkingI will unscrew each one and seal it with silicone before putting back on or a rubber washer. Plus I think water is getting in behind them where the aluminum plate that sits behind the big rubber gasket for the tent is - meets the steel portion of the canopy. Have you been able to solve that problem? I am worried that simply sealing the bolts will mean they are slowly rusting where water is sitting on the other side.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

reaper229

I have tried to removed these bolts but the guy use T-bolts so it is very hard to remove the nuts if the are overtight because it becomes loose and it's a real PITA ...i just sometimes watch them and give them 1/4 turn.

reaper229

I recently built a sleeping platform for my daughter but also quickly realized than it's gonna be a great spot to read a book with a view
c83ae0d25eab5cd1175ac1ae88b2dabc.jpg
f772a31ba032dde6aa2d195bc616276c.jpg
25d11ff13d734332d80c0c4cd18b7118.jpg
31316c7d70e7539d24a309504036b399.jpg
d4e6661f8e27b230991de8368b59c431.jpg
960e32e32dc80d4ffec238da5e94a592.jpg

reaper229

How did you build the boxes you are sitting on? What was the table frame made from? Thank you. Nice setup!
Thanks a lot...Super simple,the benches are made from 1x1(frame)top is 3/4 plywood and 1/2 .I covered everything with carpet.For the kitchen prep table it's a mix of iron angles and 80/20 extrusions with 1/2 plywood prep table... floor is 1/2 plywood sprayed with bed liner paint.

Last edited:

Spencer for Hire

Thanks a lot...Super simple,the benches are made from 1x1(frame)top is 3/4 plywood and 1/2 .I covered everything with carpet.For the kitchen prep table it's a mix of iron angles and 80/20 extrusions with 1/2 plywood prep table... floor is 1/2 plywood sprayed with bed liner paint.

Thank you. When you say the top is 3/4 plywood and 1/2, what does the 1/2 refer to? Also, How did you secure the benches to the floor?

reaper229

Thank you. When you say the top is 3/4 plywood and 1/2, what does the 1/2 refer to? Also, How did you secure the benches to the floor?
Sorry I speak French haha

It's a 3/4 of an inche or you can use 1/2 it's strong enough.

The floor,I use 6 rivet nut,I drilled holes in the bed of the truck and installed the rivets and long bolts,simple and super strong.I can install anything on the floor and secure it with screws...the benches are bolted down using the same bolt as the floor(Rivet nuts) by longer bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl

Members online