DeMello/DR Stage 1 for the '05 Taco...

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
...one of these days it'll prolly get the full leaf pack upgrade, but just getting the Stage One tapped out the '05 mod budget for a while!

We don't carry a heavy load - only the shell and some basic emergency equipment. With the upgraded suspension, it'll see more dirt time tho!

erin

Explorer
:shakin: :shakin:
I think Tacozona just need to leave the entire kitchen at home and his weight issues would be solved.
Of course the grilled dove was delicious!!!

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
slooowr6 said:
Any idea how much weight you are carrying? If you switch to a 12 pack will the ride suffer when you don't have much on the bed?
I haven't weighed it with a scale yet, but it was rather embarassing to roll into camp at the Trophy event all bottomed-out. But once we unloaded the firewood & drank some of the heavy liquid beverages in the ice chests, it wasn't so bad.
I'm not sure how the ride quality would suffer with an empty bed and a beefier spring-pack. Perhaps one of the guys who has those springs could address this?

erin said:
I think Tacozona just need to leave the entire kitchen at home and his weight issues would be solved.
Of course the grilled dove was delicious!!!
I think that's probably a much more cost efficient solution than upgrading to the 12-leaf spring pack!!

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
...did the install on Saturday afternoon - took about 5 hours including a late lunch break.

I was going to do a complete write up, but I felt like crap all weekend, so I skipped that part of the equation.

The install instructions were complete and accurate.

Initial ride testing was great - the worst washboard road in the area felt 100% better, and the rear add-a-leafs and 5100 Bilstiens cured the back end's tendency to break loose. The front ride is firmer than stock, but much more supple. The rear is softer on the Deaver AAL's w/ the stock overload removed. It's now a 5 leaf pack vs. the 2 leaf stock setup.

Lift came out right at 2.25" in the front - I expect it will settle a little after a few miles. The rear came out a 1.75" - and again, I expect it will settle too.

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl