Diesel FJcruiser

McFly2003

Adventurer
If only I didn't have to sell a kidney, whilst whoring myself out, to afford this. Always fun to dream none the less

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
If only I didn't have to sell a kidney, whilst whoring myself out, to afford this. Always fun to dream none the less

Patience. Set a goal and don't come down on your price; and wear protection. In no time that diesel will be yours!

downhill

Adventurer
pricing

First off, it is very refreshing to see their prices clearly stated on their website. Too often these types of things are full of evasive pricing practices and hidden costs.

Secondly, when I look at all the work and money I have in my Tacoma, then add in the loss I would take to sell it, then add in the cost of a new diesel Tacoma, which would be at least 6-7K upcharge from the gas version, then add back the work and money to re-outfit,.....:Wow1:......there is no way I could come out ahead of letting Diesel Toys convert my truck. I'm hoping that by the time my 4.0 starts getting tired I have enough quarters saved. I certainly don't find the cost unreasonable.

Clutch

<---Pass
First off, it is very refreshing to see their prices clearly stated on their website. Too often these types of things are full of evasive pricing practices and hidden costs.

Secondly, when I look at all the work and money I have in my Tacoma, then add in the loss I would take to sell it, then add in the cost of a new diesel Tacoma, which would be at least 6-7K upcharge from the gas version, then add back the work and money to re-outfit,.....:Wow1:......there is no way I could come out ahead of letting Diesel Toys convert my truck. I'm hoping that by the time my 4.0 starts getting tired I have enough quarters saved. I certainly don't find the cost unreasonable.

I don't think the up charge would be that much. That is of course if Toyota ever offered a diesel here, I am not holding my breath though.

VW Jetta TDI up charge over petrol is $1300, and the Touareg model is $3500.

downhill

Adventurer
I don't think the up charge would be that much. That is of course if Toyota ever offered a diesel here, I am not holding my breath though.

VW Jetta TDI up charge over petrol is $1300, and the Touareg model is $3500.

Perhaps you are right, but the upcharge will have more to do with desireability than actual cost to produce it. In a truck the diesel would be a very desireable thing. I'm pretty sure that the upcharge on domestic trucks is around 6K over a gas V8.

DanKunz

Adventurer
"scam" is a strong word. I would say a financial play because diesels last longer and are traditionally in less demand in the US. have to make a profit!

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I have bought four new diesel trucks in the last ten years. I don't believe that it cost the manufacturer more than 2k extra to put in a diesel engine. Its almost like you dont get credit for the gas motor they didn't install IMO. They know the consumer is willing to pay the extra for the diesel because of the long term value. I am all for profit.
"scam" is a strong word. I would say a financial play because diesels last longer and are traditionally in less demand in the US. have to make a profit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete