Disco Kalahari Edition

Thanks very much. I have yet to see the vehicle in person and have searched for a better photo of the front bumper, but can't find anything.

Just a general Disco question; how expensive is it to repair the windshield wipers?

Thanks,
David

I don't know. The seller has disclosed that the wipers don't work.

This disclosure was on the listing; Note: wipers and front sunroof need repair

muskyman

Explorer
most common issue is the nuts under the caps on the blade base come loose and they dont move with the motors.

I'm beginning to think this vehicle isn't really for sale. I'm bummed. I can't get the seller to return emails and when I called him he said he'd have to call me back later. It's later.

pangaea

Adventurer
http://www.roverunited.com/photos/land-rover-discovery-kalahari/land-rover-discovery-kalahari.htm

I believe that SG did the prototype for LR (as seen in the link in post #2) and then LR Special Vehicles built the production ones. I think the only SG parts LR ended up using were the sliders. They are spec'ed out pretty nicely apart from the front bumper. IMO the saudi grill is very cool. They also used it on the D1 XD.

You're right, the SG Kalahari (or Kalamari as I like to call them) was a show truck/prototype. IIRC, the difference between the Kalahari and a standard D2 was basically:

Trimmed front bumper
Saudi grille
SG rock sliders
a Safety Devices roof rack (might have been optional)
Tetra fabric seats
Carbon fiber inserts on the interior bezels (also might have been optional)
A fancy schmancy LR Special Vehicles badge on the "B" pillar

I believe they were also available in borrego yellow, white and bonatti gray

Actually, the Saudi Grille wasn't available on the 96 and 97 XDs, it was unique to the Kalaharis:

RhinoXD.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater