Discovery 1 rear storage bins

MattD1

Is anyone familiar with a company that makes replacement panels for the rear loadpsace bins in the trucks that have no jumpseats?

Or any ideas of what to do what that space? Both my regular panels are cracked but I need to keep the floor open, i.e. No drawer, etc.

Thanks,
Matt

fishEH

Explorer
You can make a template from cardboard, then cut one from aluminum. RockStar Fab used to make one from diamond plate but they are no longer in biz.

XJLI

Adventurer
I have a tan one if you want it, my CO2 tank sits there. Cover postage and it's yours.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
If your panels are simply cracked and all pieces are available, lay them out on a work surface and glue the cracks with LOCTITE® PLASTICS BONDING SYSTEM. A 2 step adhesive specifically designed for plastics. You have about 10sec to ensure panel are aligned and it works very well. Then buy some small sheets of plastic at your home depot, cut and glue them to backside as backing. I have rebuilt RRC center consoles this way. Very strong and you can hardly see the cracks if you spend the time to align fractures. The loctite system glues the edges only. It is not a broadly applied generic glue. Nearly stronger than the panel itself.

Do not use general purpose glue or any other product that claims to work for plastic. A targeted bonding system for the material at hand is the only way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism