Discovery rear door tables

b jeepin

Adventurer
That looks like a lot of hard work, but it does seem unnecessarily complex.

If your water source is on the roof, do you need to hook the hose up each time?

It seems like it would be super easy to just connect the hose and then use a magnet to the rear bumper (or similar). Fewer connection points and a shorter hose. That would allow you to use a full-width table on the rear door.

Maybe you could post a shot of the way the cans are mounted on the roof, and how the hose connects to them.

Just some points for discussion.

Personally, I prefer a simple solution like a Dromedary bag (which can also be used as a solar shower), which allows the bags to be stored in the second row footwells, keeping the weight forward and low. I have considered one of the rear quarter panel tanks, or making a custom stainless tank to fit along side the rear drawer system. But honestly, the Dromedary bags work great.

Bag with shower attached:
dromedary_bag_shower_kit.jpg

Connection options:
601650_9996Lrg.jpg

hey, i agree there's many ways to skin a cat, what i did was not pre planned. i read this thread and thought to myself thats a good idea, i proir to this had some stuff in the back that ripped the rear panel. i like the features i picked if i was to do this again i would do it a bit different, but the water and power in the door are very convenient not so pretty but it works. as for the water supply my source is similar it is just routed through a gravity fed hose to an easily accessible place in the door.

blakesrover

Observer
ben little.... did you ever get a chance to draw up the cad file? As much as I want to laboriously take a large piece of stainless and turn it into junk... i think maybe I'll leave it up to the professionals:)

thanks.

~Blake

lwg

We'll finally have the D1 door panels available in about a week. D2 panels are available now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater