Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

thethePete

Explorer
It's really coming together quite nicely. I'm sure you're both getting quite excited to get out and use it.

I would say you accomplished the goal of a modern RV look, it's certainly not industrial looking, just modern. And from the pictures it doesn't seem like it would feel too clinical inside. Awesome build.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
We wanted it to look like an updated RV interior and not our grandparents RV and not a rent a truck. More on the modern side with stainless steel and modern colours. So far so good I think.

Ward

Ward,

I'd DEFINITELY say so far so incredibly well-done and tasteful!!
So glad you're not following the "typical" path of the grannymobile RV. It's about time the overland industry followed suit. Wait, I take that back--"those guys" can keep doing the granny stuff, ITB and Lite can move forward with the more clean and modern finishes.

-Jeremy

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks Jeremy!

We had a glitch come up on Monday. The installers realized that the Wolf induction range I had spec'd was 240v not 120v. I had to go back to the drawing board a bit. Thought for a while about putting in a step up converter to run the two burner Wolf cooktop on 240. After checking and reading a lot I decided to change things up. We are going with the True Induction single burner inset into the counter. We will have a second single burner counter top model that we will use if we need a second element. This way we can set it up outside when we cook bacon ( if we can't use the propane stove we will have along). As Eric Idle sang in Life of Brian..."Always look on the bright side of life!"

:chef:

Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
Nice to meet you!

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to chip in any time you wish. Or just :lurk: . That's cool too.

Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
Sorry, a bit late with the Friday photo updates.

Here are the shore hookups coming together nicely. The water fill is at the top left of the compartment.

This photo has a lot going on.
Blinds are in.
Shower is in.
Slide out counter inserts are in.
Flip up counter over entry step is in.

Microwave is in.
Looks like fresh water tank is in under the bed.
Heating ducts look to be coming together under the bed.
Looks like the flooring MAY be in. Fuzzy photo means I am not positive.

Composting toilet looks to be in place. Probably just sitting there though. Venting for toilet coiled up behind.
Bathroom sink and faucet are in.
Shower is in.

Tons more wiring looks to be completed.
Concertone receiver had to go back as it wasn't functioning correctly.(Waiting for a replacement from Concertone).
Kitchen counter is just waiting to have the cook top installed. (We had a delay when we realized the cook top was 240v not 120v as they had assumed. All figured out now and an Outback 120v - 240v Autotransformer will boost the power for us.
Blind over the sink is in. Sink and pullout faucet are in.
It looks like the TV is mounted on the left side of the photo.

Should be done by end of next week.

Ward

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Where did you get your blinds from? Considering replacing my drapes. Do they have the clips on the bottom to keep them tight when traveling?

Last edited:

Healeyjet

Explorer
Mike, we ordered our blinds from Home Depot.

The company is MaxxMar Inc. a Canadian company.

They are double roller shades with no strings or chains and no attachments at the bottom. There is a whitish shade that is the blackout shade and a darker colour shade that only blocks 10% of the light.

Bellagio roller shades.
Outside mount
Bottom up

We have never used them before so it is a trial run for us. We will report back after a few thousand miles and many nights sleep.

Ward

Last edited:

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Thanks for the info and I was just at Home Depot today :sombrero:. Will wait to hear what you think.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks Guido.
I would love to take the credit for that idea but that is a regular ITB option on their builds. It will make it very nice though as the shore plug, cable and water line will be right on he door.

Ward

loonwheeler

Adventurer
This photo has a lot going on.
Blinds are in.
Shower is in.
Slide out counter inserts are in.
Flip up counter over entry step is in.

Beautiful! Even with mobile phone pictures. Really looking good now.

Do you have the Brand / Model of the shower valve / plumbing / head assembly? Just curious as I do like the the one you have there.

Ohh - and BTW, where is your solar charge controller being installed? Not sure I caught that in the pics so far. Apologize in advance if it was already mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach