Down2Mob 2020 Jeep Gladiator For Sale - One of a Kind Custom Composite Flatbed Pop Top Camper with Dana 60's and 40" tires

Down2Mob

FLYERforJEEPFORSALE.jpg

Have you been looking for the most offroad capable truck camper, but don't want to sacrifice the comforts of a full time livable camper? You have just stumbled upon what I believe is the most capable truck camper ever built! This build is the culmination of 3 years of designing and fabricating a completely custom rear half of the vehicle. From the modified steel frame to fit the massive 40" spare tire in the stock location, to the custom aluminum flatbed that the camper was then built on top of, to the custom interior with Dinette that easily fits 4-5 people around the table (My record is 8!) and converts to an almost queen size bed in seconds. This build was documented on my YouTube channel, Down2Mob Overland. It has been on the road setup how you see it here for over 2 years with no issues. It handles fantastic, and has very little body roll when being thrown into corners, on and off road. I often forget there is a camper on the back. It will literally go anywhere you can fit the truck through, and is extremely freeing to have this level of confidence in a camper.

IMG_7216~photo-full.jpg

Located in Scottsdale, Arizona​

64,989 MILES (will increase slightly as vehicle is being driven to Overland Expo this weekend)​

12 MPG​

21 GALLONS OF WATER

370 WATTS OF SOLAR

200AH LITHIUM

ONE OF ONE CUSTOM BUILT BISON OVERLAND FRP COMPOSITE CAMPER

36 TOTAL GALLONS OF FUEL - APPROXIMATELY 550 MILE RANGE

DANA SPICER ULTIMATE 60 AXLES WITH RAM 3500 BRAKES, WARN HUBS, 5.38 GEARS AND 40” TIRES

$125,000
Call or Text PHIL (602) 751-2501

***For a Full list of modifications with Prices adding up to over $190,484 NOT including Labor, Design, and Maintenance costs, CLICK HERE: https://www.down2mob.com/forsale

The camper interior revolves around the table which folds to half the size, spins 360, and slides 4" out of the way. A small kitchen with one burner, sink, and 3 drawers, as well as cubbies that fit Step 22 Mini Stingray bags nestle around the Tern Overland entry door and entry way. The massive Rear tern Overland window in the back creates an amazing feel inside the camper, especially when combined with "cabana mode" where all the windows in the pop top come down. What you see on the inside of the pop top is sunbrella material, sandwiched in between thinsulate insulation, with anti mold vinyl on the exterior. This vinyl is the thickest I have ever seen and barely moves in 60+mph winds.

IMG_7222~photo-full.jpg

Cabana mode, from the outside. Giving you access to the roof rack from inside the camper, as well as a cool option to hang out inside the camper, while still being connected with the outside world. My favorite is using this mode to watch the race at King of the Hammers.

IMG_7289~photo-full.jpg

The back seats were removed and a Goose Gear seat delete added and modified to fit the 21 gallon water tank on the ground floor of the Jeep. This was done to keep the Center of gravity as low and far forward as possible. On this same line of thinking, the 2x 100ah Dakota Lithium batteries were mounted as low and far forward as possible on custom 8020 aluminum extrusion framing. The Redarc Manager 30 with Red vision was mounted in the same way, and the Cotek 1000w inverter is nestled in under the driver seat. The Setpower dual zone fridge/freezer is on the driver side and this means that all of the heaviest components of a camper build are not actually mounted in the camper, but the truck. This allows the vehicle to handle extremely well and although it may look heavy in the rear, the FRP composite camper with aluminum extrusion is extremely light, and when unloaded, actually sits higher than the front end of the truck.

IMG_7308~photo-full.jpg

The interior not only transfers into a bed, but also can be arranged to create more kitchen space for meal prep or heavy cooking days. Simply remove the forward most dinette pad, and flip the dinette seat up against the wall. This setup offers the most floor space, and also gives you easy access to components for servicing and navigating the camper.

IMG_7283~photo-full.jpg

Dana Spicer Ultimate 60 crate axles with 5.38 gears, RAM 3500 equivalent dual piston brakes, ARB air lockers, and WARN locking hubs
PSC Hydraulic assisted steering kit, as well as Steer Smarts Drag Link, Track bar, and Griffin Attenuator. This is over $28,000 in parts alone.

IMG_7357~photo-full.jpg

Bed Mode measures 56" wide and 76" long, or 6'4". The roof height is just below 6'5" - so, this can fit even your tallest humans! Setup a projector to make a mini movie theater, or sleep with the top down as this camper was designed to be able to sit, sleep, cook, use the Wrappon Dry toilet, do anything except stand without needing to pop the top.

IMG_7207~photo-full.jpg

All packed down and ready to roll. Lowering the electric actuated roof and putting the awning in takes maybe 1-2 minutes, and your off! Flip up the drop down rear table in about a second. Everything was designed for as little setup and packdown as possible.

IMG_7351~photo-full.jpg

The Jeep Rubicon interior has been modified with every single Invictus Offroad Molle panel that was made. Unfortunately that company went out of business so these are real special and allow for unlimited storage options in all the wasted space of the jeep interior. Hothead liners were added for extra insulation. An expedition essentials JPAM dash accessory mount was added as well as Carolina Metal Masters mounts with 67 designs phone holder.

IMG_7337~photo-full.jpg

Thank you for checking out my one of a kind creation!

$125,000
Call or Text PHIL (602) 751-2501

ExpoMike

Fun watching your build over the years. Best of luck with the sale and looking forward to the next rig. :)

Down2Mob

Wow, I didn't think he would get rid of this so soon.
Life moves fast on the road! I’ve owned the truck about 4 1/2 years and the camper has been on just over 2 years. My lifestyle has changed so much and as I still want to live on the road, I’m not moving as quickly and going as far off grid these days. So a larger, less offroad capable truck camper just makes sense for me now

adam88

Explorer
Cool vehicle Phil. Used to watch your channel but haven't tuned in for a while. What do you think your next vehicle is gonna be?

m-l_johnny

So you’re making the rumor you told the weekend of the MLO event/ camping at Mark and Teresa’s true!
Does Amanda’s van count as a cabover truck? :LOL:

Down2Mob

I’m at overland expo west setup at the Off the Grid surplus booth L1, by the ADV bike area and the beer gardens. Come check out the rig!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach