Dual sport ride 3/15 (this saturday)

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Casual dual sport ride this saturday.

Starting 8am in the Tiny's parking lot just east of Ajo/Kinney. There is fuel across the street, please be gassed up and ready to ride at 8:00.

We'll be heading west on pavement for a few miles before turning south and skirting the western edge of the Sierrita's, hopefully finding our way down to Cafe Aribac for lunch (early afternoon). This route will take us past the fabled Ravenrock outpost (we'll wave as we cruise by), and will traverse some of Sonoran Desert's finest.

The return trip will either be back up 286, out to I-19, or possibly south to Ruby Rd, then back up I-19.

A few disclaimers:

I have never travelled this route...so I plan on making a few wrong turns, and I don't know how bad the terrain is. Since it is state land, I suspect it won't be anything extreme.

I virtually never travel with other bikes...so I really don't know how "fast" I ride compared to others...and to be honest, I don't care. If people are slower than me, no problem, I will stop every so often (major intersections, etc) to let everyone catch up, if people are faster than me, they can stop and wait if they want. I am riding a BMW that weighs close to 500 pounds. This ain't no race.

I don't plan on taking a ton of breaks....but this certainly isn't a race either. I hope to make it to Arivaca for lunch...the cafe closes at 3pm.

As always, please be prepared to deal with flat tires and the such.

Anyone interested?

:bike_rider:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Well, the ride was shorter than expected. I rode solo, took a few wrong turns, wondered if I really should have been out there solo a few times, wondered if I should "really" be there on a GS a few times, picked the bike up once, met John Cartwright and friends at Cafe Aribac (complete chance meeting), and then blew down the slab on the return leg of the trip. 130 some odd miles, 5 1/2 hours (including lunch and one short break).

Only a couple of pics, all of which are still on my camera.

It was a great day for a ride.....:bike_rider:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
goodtimes said:
It was a great day for a ride.....:bike_rider:

As i am finding out more and more, every time i get on my moto, MOST days are great days for rides! :victory:

Glad ya had a good time!

I am SOOOOOOO glad i got back into riding on 2 wheels again!

Glad you had a good ride, sorry we didn't see--but we did run in to Ed too. Had a great day picking up trash, I think we made a dent in it out there. Look forward to pictures of your ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online