Dually front spacer?? Help!!

adventr

Adventurer
Hmmm, your's has ball joints, and the track-bar in front of the axle. Mine has king pins, and the trackbar behind the axle. I'd need to see the back side of the axle housing to see if the center is low-pinion or high-pinion.

Also, hard to tell, but it looks like I can kind of see where there was a cast-in spring perch on the driver side of that center section.

Last edited:

jluck

Adventurer
Exactly. Can be a bit confusing with the wording. There are a ton of these axles out there, mainly from the Q vans.
That makes sense, A custom axle that happens to use the same service part numbers as a Chevy front. Quigley is giving bad info to customers. (Gee what a surprise)
Below are more pictures of the axle
To me it looks just like Ozrockrat's
Am I correct??
Nope. I would guess yours to be a mid 90's Ford Dana 60, Or a custom built off ford center section.
Note how yours had one big nut on top of the inner "C" (BallJoint) and the other pic has four bolts that hold on a cap on the Outer "Knuckle". That's the king pin style.

Jakey

I'll say again: It is a 1995-1997 F350 axle on the OPs van with the Quigley suspension brackets welded on.
High Pinion Dana 60 with bolt on Dual piston calipers
It is the most favorable series of Quigley with Dana 60 to own, since it has a high amount of Ford parts content.
The dually wheel hub is not a spacer, it is the wheel hub with the bearing cups and lockout hub splines.

It looks like you have 4 wheel ABS brakes, judging from the sensor cable routed in front of the caliper and down to the spindle.
To keep the 4WABS functional after a SRW hub conversion, You will need tone rings on the backside of the SRW hubs you plan to install.
The tone rings and sensors were added by Quigley since Ford spec. Front Dana 60s prior to 1998 never had ABS.
I would say contacting Quigley would be a plus.

cjken

Explorer
I have not heard back from quigley on the axle yet. Below is a picture of the back side where you can see the pinion
I hope that it is the desirable sxle with standard ford parts.
It is actually a 1995 model.
I think it has abs but I will check further. I hope it is not too difficult or costly to single out.
Keeping the drw hubs and running military rims with huge back spacing has its own set of complications.
I think I will have more rim and tire options by changing out the hubs.

It's got a 138" wheelbase and is going to have a minimod box on the back so I don't think I need to run dual rear wheels. I want to run it on the beach so wider tires will be advantageous.

I appreciate the time everyone has taken to answer my novice questions!!!
You guys noticed all these subtle things that I had no clue about.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375313564.016818.jpg

cjken

Explorer
Ok finally got the info from quigley

Want to see what options I have:
See below

Searched and got your file!

I see you were looking for:

Hubs/Rotor: QABSH-60FD-2 is a Quigley part you would need to get from us.

Rotor only: D4801 (make sure yours are the 13”)

Calipers, Pads, and hoses: All the OEM Ford van parts.

Tranny: E4OD

T Case: Borg Warner: 1756-000-007 / Serial: K055-2-1328

Axle: Ford #: F5TZ-3002-AHA Model: 610460-3 Serial: 9065 (95) – 6H

Again we apologize for the delay and mishap. We have all the files from the 70s on these trucks and human error strikes misplacing a file.

You have a wonderful day!

Do you all think it makes sense to go to singles all around??

If I stay with duals my tire options seem limited.
255 85r16
But those are awfully skinny up front for sand which we have a lot of here.
Or h1 military rims up front, but those are 16.5 and there aren't many tire options there..

What would you guys suggest

Thank you
Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater