Duke: A Disco I Build

jeff_wright

Adventurer
Got up around Amicalola Falls this last week on my day off. No fall colors yet...
Amifalls.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

NovaatAmi.jpg

The water was low, but still managed to find one smallll, wild rainbow.
SmallRainbow.jpg

jeff_wright

Adventurer
Haha, you are correct. Just got done repainting it...I pulled it off and sealed the front sunroof for now. It will be going back on soon. When's the next time you'll be eastbound??

Wideheavyload

Nice build, and looks like you know some nice spots around this area. I've lived in Athens and more recently Norcross GA, but need to get out and get my Disco dirtier than it has been.

You mentioned SOLAROS. I joined that group, but haven't been to any meetings yet, work just hasn't allowed any spare time during the week. I'm a big nerd by trade so web forums are where I get a lot of info, and SOLAROS doesn't really have one. How do you like the group? The guys at The Shop in Norcross speak highly of them.

jeff_wright

Adventurer
Thank you. It's been the perfect vehicle for my needs. North Georgia and Western NC have some great areas to explore. Unfortunately, many of the more popular areas have been shutdown or grated, but that makes it fun to find other service roads to explore.

SOLAROS and The Shop are great. I've been to a couple SAE events in the past, and they've been fun. I've been to busy to be too involved with SOLAROS lately, but plan to be more involved in the future. Their message board wasn't very active so I pull most of my information from DWEB.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Yup, gotta agree with JSQ. I was an avid mt biker, hiker and canoeist when I bought my first D1. Then I got into offroading and got outta shape. I'm heading back the other way now. My "new" 15 year old D1 is being set up more as an expedition vehicle to get me places for adventure than just to run trails.

fishEH

Explorer
Yup, gotta agree with JSQ. I was an avid mt biker, hiker and canoeist when I bought my first D1. Then I got into offroading and got outta shape. I'm heading back the other way now. My "new" 15 year old D1 is being set up more as an expedition vehicle to get me places for adventure than just to run trails.
Haha, sounds like me!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven