E350 4x4 conversion

bravelion

Anyone familiar with this guy. He sells just E350 7.3 vans in southern San Diego about 1 a month.

I’ve seen some skeptics but also some who say he’s ok. The impression I got, all hearsay, is that some early rigs had shortcomings, but that has been straightened out. But I don’t personally know anything firsthand, just comments I’ve read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: zip

nyyankees588

Widely understood that they have a shop in Mexico do the 4x4 conversions, clean them up to look super new and in good shape, send them back to socal to sell them at a massive profit. There have been numerous examples shared by others of poor workmanship on the 4x4 conversions (terrible welds, etc). I think the general consensus is to stay away. At the very least, take a very hard look underneath the vehicle to be certain things were done correctly.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
I've personally driven enough to say I would never own or suggest that someone own one of his conversions (zavier/crows/ Halcon racing) or the other two guys now using Halcon down in TJ. I've personally driven more than 20 in the last 4 years (we have put pop tops on them). Workmanship/welds are still questionable and we have had to fix notable issues 4x4 wise (since we do ford Eseries 4x4 conversions as well) and I've had 5 of these vans be high mile 7.3s and the motors were garbage and needed replaced, even though it was advertised as new this or that and the engine was good to go. Honestly it's best to spend your money else where...I know there are people who just wont listen and pull the trigger anyhow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater