Edgestar Fridge Modifications Thread

Same with mine. Front right corner. Had to unbolt the bottom to get the panel cover to fit right.

Mine sat for about 3 hours before I plugged it in. Who knows how it was loaded onto the ups truck.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Front right you say? That's the one directly below the power/temp control right? Exact same as mine.

dmwhiteman

Observer
Front right you say? That's the one directly below the power/temp control right? Exact same as mine.
Yep. Same spot. Spoke to Amazon today... for about an hour. Finally got them to send me a new box, the one it came in was destroyed. And they gave me a credit to purchase a brand new one once they receive the beat up one I got from Amazon warehouse.

Yep. Same spot. Spoke to Amazon today... for about an hour. Finally got them to send me a new box, the one it came in was destroyed. And they gave me a credit to purchase a brand new one once they receive the beat up one I got from Amazon warehouse.

I ordered from Edgestar direct as an "open box". Im kinda thinking it was in their interest due to shipping costs to refund me, which is why I got the deal I did.

dfinn

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure the answer is no but can these be used as a cooler (with ice) if the fridge were to ever die mid way through a trip?

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I'm pretty sure the answer is no but can these be used as a cooler (with ice) if the fridge were to ever die mid way through a trip?

Only thing to watch out for is that the plug (on mine, at least), was not particularly tight. As ice started to melt, I'd expect some leakage, unless you fitted a different plug.

dfinn

Adventurer
I guess I need to give mine a closer look, I don't remember seeing a plug. The other reason I was wondering about these being waterproof is it doesn't look like the metal liner is 1 piece, I can see where mine has some kind of caulk or sealant at the edges and it doesn't look like they did a great job with it so I'm not sure I'd trust it to hold water.

Last edited:
I guess I need to give mine a closer look, I don't remember seeing a plug. The other reason I was wondering about these being waterproof is it doesn't look like the metal liner is 1 piece, I can see where mine has some kind of caulk or sealant at the edges and it doesn't look like they did a great job with it so I'm not sure I'd trust it to hold water.

There is a plug on the bottom of the inside, and on the opposite side as the plug on the exterior.

Evil Patrick

You obviously did not read the previous posts, 271, 272 (as I suggested) that already schooled me on my inadequate solar panel and my reply. You also replied with some electrical data. Some of us on this website need assistance, as I obviously did, and I received the appropriate answers. I want to thank @hyperboarder and @JLee for pointing me in the right direction without rude replies. Go back to your BINGO game. I'm done replying to your comments.

Yikes! I misread the current draw in my manual. I only saw the .75amp draw and didn't notice it was for AC. Now I have to rethink what to do. Don't know if I want to invest in a 100W (+) panel.

I'll be first doing an insulation blanket and see how much that changes things.

Marty,

I didn't provide rude replies.

And you actually never stated that you'd replaced the solar panel. I've highlighted in bold what the only thing you said about the solar panel. You obviously didn't say that you'd replaced it.

My response was only to try to keep you from ruining a set of batteries.

No need to reply.

dfinn

Adventurer
I got my tie downs from KK6POV. They aren't really meant to work wth the Edgestar travel bag but I just bolted them down on top of it and it seems to work OK. I don't see myself taking the bag off very regularly anyways. I ditched the crappy stock handles and made some new ones out of 550 para and some old MTB grips. I'm not the best with knots so I think you could probably do it a little cleaner but functionally I think it will be fine, it's certainly better than the plastic ones that I pulled off and threw in the trash.

28209222732_83a8c202fa_b.jpg

Last edited:

JCTex

Observer
Bump.

I'm putting my Whynter 62 qt on a pull out tray at the rear of my JKU. Since there are no obvious attachment points and the handles are plastic, how can I secure it so it won't try to join me in the front seat?

I'd prefer not using around-and-over straps so,I can still leave the lids where they will open.

Pebbledropper

4x4junkie

Explorer
I did hardware-store handles, but same end result:
7029594007_large.jpg

A set of turnbuckles to the handles holds it down on my fridge slide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater