Eezi-awn 1600 Series II Roof Top Tent

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
pics added. More detailed pics will be added this weekend.

Last edited:

Mlachica

More pics added. Make me an offer...

Looks like I can fix the pin for the ladder - just need to find a metal hanger or a dental pick to grab the spring within the tube.

I have all the rods for opening the windows and they all function well.

elias

Observer
I may be interested. I am attempting to purchase one from another listing on this forum because it's local. I haven't heard back from the seller. I may consider a day trip down south tho.

-elias

justfred

Adventurer
Not having had a RTT - what gives it the strength to hold weight in the outward section? My wife and I are 450lbs, together.

How does it do in strong winds?

I'm interested, and I'm relatively close (Carlsbad).

Fred

STREGA

Explorer
Not having had a RTT - what gives it the strength to hold weight in the outward section? My wife and I are 450lbs, together.

How does it do in strong winds?

I'm interested, and I'm relatively close (Carlsbad).

Fred

The ladder helps some but the tent structure does the most work, it will hold your weight fine. They do very well in high winds also.

Mlachica

Wow doc, now that is retro expo!!! Nice write up however that wasn't my wife - it was my sister. Yuck haha

Hey Fred, the tent will hold you guys just fine. The tent itself distributes the load well but the ladder is definitely necessary. The wood floor has about a 2x1 wood perimiter. Also the extruded aluminum underneath the ladder side of the tent helps spread the weight.

As for winds,it will do just fine. It has been in strong winds 3 times. Once in Joshua tree and the other times in ocotillo wells/anza. The pictures I posted were from last week in ocotillo where the winds were quite annoying. We had sustained winds at about 25-30mph with gusts at least to 50mph. My wife and I had a failed attempt at setting up a Kelty carport for shade because the winds were way too dominant. Our initial plan was to use a floor tent because my wife is 6 months pregnant and I wasn't very comfortable with her using the ladder. Well the winds didn't cooperate so we never even tried to set up the floor tent. 10 minutes later all four of us were all inside the roof top tent reading books and playing UNO.

Geeze, writing this makes me want to keep it. Someone change my mind please

Last edited:

justfred

Adventurer
Sigh, the wife looked at it, then looked at me like I'm crazy. (Not that she's wrong, but). Guess I have to go back to trailer shopping. Though I think I'm going to build my own racktop sleeping platform, with minimal cover, for when I'm solo.

Thanks and good luck!

Mlachica

Thanks Justin! The whole reason for this thread is because of your oztent. Tritia and I really like it. Are you still a happy camper? btw, love the moonlander thread...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3