Eighteen months in the making... here's the book: Building a Teardrop Trailer: Plans and Methods for Crafting an Heirloom Camper

AlongtheRay

Thanks for your input, Tony!

I'm outside most of the time, including cooking. The camper is mostly to settle in the night & sleep. It's very comfortable, esp. for a tall dude like myself.

I'm on the fence about a tear drop because since I'm camping full-time there will be bad weather days where I may get cabin fever being stuck inside a tear drop. Or very cold days where I can stoke my wood burning stove in my Scamp and stay toasty and upright.

Then again it's pretty easy to move to where the weather is better as I always say!

I'm thinking I should rent a tear drop for a bit and get a feel for it and see if it suits me.

I've been able to take the Scamp to quite a few places folks were surprised to see it. They ask how I got it there and I say very carefully ;). With bigger wheels, beefier suspension and a lift it will go to even more places. The only concerns I have is due to its height it has a higher center of gravity and its weight. Then again it's lighter than quite a few tear drops out there!

See what I mean? LOL

Either way I look forward to more fun camping in out of the way places.

Take care,
Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3