Engel Coolers, anyone using?

So which do you prefer and why the yeti or engel :)

The performance of the Yeti and the Engel are equal.

The exterior "finish" on the Yeti is smoother, which makes it clean up easier.
I prefer the latch design of the Yeti over the Engel.
Other than that there is not much difference between the two.

I would say I like the Yeti slightly better than the Engel but both are nice.

The dry box sits in the basement unused.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, I have an ENGLE 40qt and the DC section burned out--$250 bucks to replace-so

I put a couple of small ice blocke init and by cycling it once/twice a day on the AC side of the cooler, it's lasted 5 days on my last off-road trip/w not much reduction in the ice blocks !!-

There are more coolers on the MKT, than heaters-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

tacolex

Observer
The performance of the Yeti and the Engel are equal.

The exterior "finish" on the Yeti is smoother, which makes it clean up easier.
I prefer the latch design of the Yeti over the Engel.
Other than that there is not much difference between the two.

I would say I like the Yeti slightly better than the Engel but both are nice.

The dry box sits in the basement unused.

Thanks I think I'll probably pick up the yeti then. They carry them at the ol bass pro so I can check it out. I was trying to determine which latch I'd like better, yeti seems like it would seal better. I've seen the other coolers with exposed instead of recessed latches and think those may cause an issue in some cases. :)

tacolex

Observer
Ended up with a tundra 45 used it camping last weekend worked great packed it with 6 lbs of dry ice and another 10 lbs regular ice. Kept my short ribs and carne asada frozen. Then I was at the bass pro shop and saw this price tag about had a heart attack. Talked with the gal if they had one on the shelf they would have had to honor the price. My luck there weren't any. Turns out a new gal had priced it wrong. Oh well I already bought the 45 anyways but a 65 for 125 I would've jumped on itImageUploadedByTapatalk1343787759.509233.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343787675.080105.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343787675.080105.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 4

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Ended up with a tundra 45 used it camping last weekend worked great packed it with 6 lbs of dry ice and another 10 lbs regular ice. Kept my short ribs and carne asada frozen. Then I was at the bass pro shop and saw this price tag about had a heart attack. Talked with the gal if they had one on the shelf they would have had to honor the price. My luck there weren't any. Turns out a new gal had priced it wrong. Oh well I already bought the 45 anyways but a 65 for 125 I would've jumped on itView attachment 113549

Actually, I think you could have bought the display unit at the marked price, trying to remember the legal jargon from our advertising class but it has been 4 years.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I would have had there been a display one. They only had the 20qt roadie and a tundra 75

I feel silly, I just went back and noticed that was the SKU on the edge of a tan shelf, I thought it was on the side of the cooler at first glance. But anytime a retailer posts a price, even if incorrect, has to legally sell it at the marked price. If memory serves it falls under bait and switch practices.

tacolex

Observer
I feel silly, I just went back and noticed that was the SKU on the edge of a tan shelf, I thought it was on the side of the cooler at first glance. But anytime a retailer posts a price, even if incorrect, has to legally sell it at the marked price. If memory serves it falls under bait and switch practices.

Na it was my fault if you didn't know what you were looking at I could see it being as a tag on the cooler. Although if I did get a cooler I'd imagine the gal who tagged it would've been in some big trouble.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida

What.... you gonna call the cops?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk