Ever see one of these?

Clutch

<---Pass
yeah, that is the company! I puke a little in my mouth every time I see those pictures.

yeah, not the prettiest thing out there.

the Ford had to be built using two cabs as well, IIRC they were assembled in the Canadian plant. they would cut the door at the wing window, and rebuild the door

8-15-09-3.jpg

1007dp_17%201978_ford_f250_cummins%20wheels.jpg

Last edited:

Kaisen

Explorer
$15,000 for a non a/c cab, and turn-key trucks starting at $55,000

I guess if a new Chev Crew can easily break $50K, it's in line

Beautiful conversion

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
International made a 4 door truck called the Travelette in the 60's and 70's in long and short bed.
IH actually started making the Travelette with the A series in 1957, and it had three doors. The first Travelette with four doors was the C series in 1961.

Attachments

• 3door-ih.jpg
    3door-ih.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Dawgboy

Adventurer
We had one of those Internationals when I was a kid. My dad worked for caltrans and bought it as surplus. It had an under dash swamp cooler that spit ice chips at you. It was also orange. He took me to Bahia De Los Angeles in it before Mex 1 was paved. Good times...

Brought to you by Cyberdyne Systems

verdesardog

Explorer
Don't forget to old dodge 4 door p/u's... that's about all the US Navy had when I was stationed in the philippine islands in the late 60's....for some reason they were called bug's bunnies???

no pics though.

aardvarcus

Adventurer
For those wondering about the high price, the back passenger door comes off of a similar vintage suburban, but the back driver doors have to be made from scratch. Lots of custom parts. The builders build an exact mirror image of the passenger rear door. It could be done cheaper if you ghettoed up the rear driver side door or just did without it.

docdave

Aspiring overlander
As I remember, if there was a railroad or military contract in a given year, you could buy crew cabs..... could be factory?

Halligan

Adventurer
Guy's go to post #4 of this thread for a a link to another forum with the buildup of the truck pictured. It's a custom job not factory.

Bojak

Adventurer
Search for his Drill Sargeant build on the other forum link previously posted. His fab skills and vision are very impressive. The "sarge" is like a chevy power wagon with recessed fuel can pockets.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater