Expedition Beach 2009

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Lucky? Well, for 10 days requested time-off, all 10 of them were revoked after I made the trip, I have been granted 0 days of vacation. I made a career move 1+ years ago to belay this very problem. I either need to be less critical or pretend to be.

Pskhaat

A little follow-up here back with network access above 9600 baud.

Don't want to get on those dunes:
DSC00298.jpeg

Is this the Caribbean?
DSC00366.JPG

Converging waters create amazing views:
DSC00543.JPG

The only thing that stays the same is everything changes, everything changes.
-Tracy Lawrence

An once-shelled trail becomes a road: :(
DSC00375.JPG

Last edited:

jim65wagon

Lucky? Well, for 10 days requested time-off, all 10 of them were revoked after I made the trip, I have been granted 0 days of vacation. I made a career move 1+ years ago to belay this very problem. I either need to be less critical or pretend to be.

How does that work? Did they grant them to you, "allowing" you the privilege of a vacation? How can they be revoked after the fact? You went and now won't get paid for vacation days, correct? Insane, I say!
You need another career move!

Pics are awesome....where did you say you went again? I must've missed that bit!

Pskhaat

How does that work? Did they grant them to you, "allowing" you the privilege of a vacation? How can they be revoked after the fact? You went and now won't get paid for vacation days, correct?

I can work from anywhere. I requested 2 weeks of vacation spun over the course of 5 weeks. Yes, I have my time "approved" but as usual, customer escalations and corporate expectations demanded me not take them. I'm sure I could have demanded my vacation days, but I would have been "granted" unemployment at that point.

You need another career move!

Indeed sir. I find myself at that inevitable crossroads of a somewhat successful career. Unfortunately the little value I do provide in my industry is not an easy job fit.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Sell everything and take the wife and kids on a round the world trip in the Troopy....

:coffeedrink:

-H-

Pskhaat

What a dream would be 1/2 way 'round in the Troopy and the other half yanking the hook and downing grog in this (the boat I so want but...uh...I live in AZ now :eek: )

Oh yeah, and we'd have to figure out how to Home School. Have no problems with it but we question our abilities.

04_portbow2.jpg

Last edited:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
What a dream would be 1/2 way 'round in the Troopy and the other half yanking the hook and downing grog in this (the boat I so want but...uh...I live in AZ now :eek: )

Oh yeah, and we'd have to figure out how to Home School. Have no problems with it but we question our abilities.

04_portbow2.jpg

Never under estimate your ability to teach your kids more then the public school system. Especially while doing an RTW trip!

I was home schooled from 2nd through 12th grades. My family spent 4 years traveling around the U.S., so the home schooling idea started out as a necessity. Once we settled down, we decided to stick with it. My older sister was also home schooled from 8th through 12th grades, and my younger brother was home schooled from K through 8th grade. We liked it, and I think some of our travels may have counted towards a Geography class or two. There are some other cool benefits when it comes to college too... :sombrero:

And, in an effort to stay on topic, I like those pictures! The pine trees and beach pictures remind me of a few places on the Outer Banks. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater