Expedition Jeep JK

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I contacted AEV not too long ago and requested more information on this tent system. They replied with we have no immediate plans to release this system any time soon.

I was pretty bummed to say the least.

JPFreek1

Explorer
Z O O R O P A said:
ahhhhhhh see lads it certainly has the cool factor doesnt it! but you have not answered the question, what's so great about being off the ground that is worth giving up that space and money for??

i'd rather have a kickn weather versatile and weather proof tent i can move around with considerable space that i can angle and fit an assortment of air mattresses or sleeping bags/feather beds lol depending on conditions

see my point, a tent gives you more options costs less is easy to fix and inexpensive compared to a 2k$+ RTT that weighs a lot, takes up the roof, is smaller, not much easier to set up really, and kills gas mpg

You've got a ton of valid points; however, one very important benefit of a RTT is related to their use when on a long-term expedition in an area with limited (or safe) places to setup a regular tent. RTTs can be setup anywhere because it's already in a spot where you don't have to worry about locating a smooth, dry spot to place a regular tent. They are heavy, take up space, and affect your gas mileage no doubt. But when used for serious backcountry excursions where space is limited and you're completely self-sufficient, they are an excellent alternative. Plus, chicks dig 'em. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues