Expedition-Ready M416 Trailer - NorCal

djsixbillion

Adventurer
Glad you dig it, and I hope the new owner is enjoying it as well. Maybe Caleb (the original builder) will chime in as well, but from what I know there was a wooden shell that formed the main enclosure for the slide-out. This was bolted to the tub, then the whole thing covered with bed-liner. Then there was some nice metalwork to create the "door" on the exterior side of the tub. A really slick setup; I miss it! PM me if you would like any other details on it, I probably have more pics I can dig up.

What a great trailer. How did you match the drawer slides/box to the trailer. was the wood frame bolted on to the tub? I would love to build a slide for my Coleman Roadtrip grill. :)

JKJenn

Adventurer
Glad you dig it, and I hope the new owner is enjoying it as well. Maybe Caleb (the original builder) will chime in as well, but from what I know there was a wooden shell that formed the main enclosure for the slide-out. This was bolted to the tub, then the whole thing covered with bed-liner. Then there was some nice metalwork to create the "door" on the exterior side of the tub. A really slick setup; I miss it! PM me if you would like any other details on it, I probably have more pics I can dig up.

Thanks. that is pretty much what I was guessing. I think I would buy a pre-fab access door as they are not terribly expensive. I realized that this can be done a lot a cheaper than I imagined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman