Expedition Ready Vehicle For Sale – Dodge / Lance Combo

stevec

Adventurer
BUMP...any interest at all? This is a fantastic vehicle. Is it price? Is it the truck? Is it the camper? Is it the color? Could use the groups advice here. We're building the other vehicle and could use the money's raised here to help complete the new one. Any offers, at all?

Looking at NADA values, the camper with options you listed comes in at $16,500 - $20,000, the truck with options comes in at $28,000 - $32,000. Add the two together and you're at $44,500 - $52,000 for both. Maybe I missed an option or two when inputting, but it certainly won't add $25-30K to the value. You know your set up better than anyone else, so I would recommend running it through NADA and see what you come out with. Post the results with your ad so people can see what type of deal they are getting.

For reference, my neighbor just bought a truck very similar to yours (Dodge 3500 crewcab, diesel, low mileage, all the options, lift) from the original owner for around $30K. It has a 6 speed manual tranny, whereas yours may have an auto, but a lot of people still prefer the manual, so I doubt that affects price much.

LoRoad

Adventurer
Looking at NADA values, the camper with options you listed comes in at $16,500 - $20,000, the truck with options comes in at $28,000 - $32,000. Add the two together and you're at $44,500 - $52,000 for both. Maybe I missed an option or two when inputting, but it certainly won't add $25-30K to the value. You know your set up better than anyone else, so I would recommend running it through NADA and see what you come out with. Post the results with your ad so people can see what type of deal they are getting. For reference, my neighbor just bought a truck very similar to yours (Dodge 3500 crewcab, diesel, low mileage, all the options, lift) from the original owner for around $30K. It has a 6 speed manual tranny, whereas yours may have an auto, but a lot of people still prefer the manual, so I doubt that affects price much.

Thanks for presenting this information. While I understand your points, and you are correct 'no one' knows these pieces of equipment better than I do; there are a few things missing on the NADA you put in. Do those additions add up to the difference? Good question. Taking for example the NADA winch allowance of $300, that's got to be for a very simple winch and not a 16.5T'r from Warn apx $1.5k+. The front grill was, new & installed, $6k. The lift was an additional $7k. The extra leave springs were $3k. The dual shocks were an additional $2k. The air ride suspension was an additional $3k. The air tanks were an additional $2k. The tires are not the base model standard tires, nor are the rims, which came in at apx. $5k. There are a few other things done to the truck that probably come up to another $2k in 'little' things... So adding up all the extras not available in the NADA comes to apx. $29k.

We are asking $55k for the truck and $20k for the camper....to us this seems like a decent price for everything that comes with these two. One thing I do know is that they have been cared for extremely well and are capable to go on a moments notice.

When one stops to examine value vs marketing, not putting other companies products down here, but a used 2007 Earthroamer sells for $160k - my set up, with what I know of it's capabilities vs...seems extremely reasonable (but that's me, right...my opinion is bound to be bias, as is all owners opinions are likely to be as well.)

By my reckoning a $160k dollar amount would buy that person three of my setups with money left over using the numbers you came up with above ($52k).

Look, All, I'm not trying to be pissy, or 'brilliant' or any other such nonsense.

I have a fantastic vehicle, ready to go, extremely clean and well cared for, that can do much more than most and for longer periods of time. How do I know? Because of the type of business I am in.

If anyone is interested in this vehicle please make an offer.

Thank you.

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
Thanks for presenting this information. While I understand your points, and you are correct 'no one' knows these pieces of equipment better than I do; there are a few things missing on the NADA you put in. Do those additions add up to the difference? Good question. Taking for example the NADA winch allowance of $300, that's got to be for a very simple winch and not a 16.5T'r from Warn apx $1.5k+. The front grill was, new & installed, $6k. The lift was an additional $7k. The extra leave springs were $3k. The dual shocks were an additional $2k. The air ride suspension was an additional $3k. The air tanks were an additional $2k. The tires are not the base model standard tires, nor are the rims, which came in at apx. $5k. There are a few other things done to the truck that probably come up to another $2k in 'little' things... So adding up all the extras not available in the NADA comes to apx. $29k.

We are asking $55k for the truck and $20k for the camper....to us this seems like a decent price for everything that comes with these two. One thing I do know is that they have been cared for extremely well and are capable to go on a moments notice.

When one stops to examine value vs marketing, not putting other companies products down here, but a used 2007 Earthroamer sells for $160k - my set up, with what I know of it's capabilities vs...seems extremely reasonable (but that's me, right...my opinion is bound to be bias, as is all owners opinions are likely to be as well.)

By my reckoning a $160k dollar amount would buy that person three of my setups with money left over using the numbers you came up with above ($52k).

Look, All, I'm not trying to be pissy, or 'brilliant' or any other such nonsense.

I have a fantastic vehicle, ready to go, extremely clean and well cared for, that can do much more than most and for longer periods of time. How do I know? Because of the type of business I am in.

Thank you.

Bump for a very functional rig. GLWS In the end, when it sells, that is the worth.

jason77

Adventurer

Thank you.

ummmmm...wait, what?

busker

$55k for the truck? I think you are about 20K high on the eval but best of luck sitting on this one for awhile.

ZJARCHER

Adventurer
Only since you asked, I agree with busker. Truck is a $27 - 35k truck. I can likely find 200 or more across the country built the exact same way with comparable mileage in that price range. Nice setup, but to compare to valuation to an earth roamer is like comparing a minimally modded Mustang GT to a Shelby Supersnake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal