Expedition Safety Decals! Fire Extinguisher On Board/First Aid On Board

Pikeman

Adventurer
I can't pull up the pictures on my work computer but I know this is a good idea since most if not all of us have these items in our trucks. I can tell you from being a commercial driver for a long time that placement is important. The regulations for commercial vehicles is decal is to be placed on the outside of vehicle closest to where the item is located/ slash access to that item. While I understand there is no regulation for non-commercial or POV(privately owned vehicles) I suggest following the DOT guidelines for the commercial vehicles. An example for my vehicle '98 4Runner would be as follows. I have my extinguisher passenger side rear cargo area on the roll bar as well as my First aid kit. So ideal decal placement would be either on passenger side rear Hatch or window or on passenger side rear quarter panel or window. This is to assist others in locating accessing those items more quickly in an emergency.

Sedonut

Adventurer
Do you make one that says "Break window here, good stuff inside" ?

I gotta go in the decal business.

Ghostship

Observer
help me understand this: you leave your vehicle unlocked so someone can help themselves to your gear?

can i get some made up that say: iPod in console, Fenix $150 flashlight under dash, GPS in glove compartment?

i think this is negative reinforcement of every criticism made about this forum
OMG, I just spit coffee all over my keyboard! :coffeedrink:

Finlay

Triarius
help me understand this: you leave your vehicle unlocked so someone can help themselves to your gear?

can i get some made up that say: iPod in console, Fenix $150 flashlight under dash, GPS in glove compartment?

i think this is negative reinforcement of every criticism made about this forum

The last place I worked had a Hummer H2 loaded out with all our specialized gear. about 250,000 dollars worth of hardware - 15TB storage array, 3 servers, fibre channel switch, cameras , custom LIDAR system, etc, etc, etc. Thing was loaded out.

My boss, the owner of the company, took the truck cross country to a conference to showboat it.

He stopped at a hotel outside Las Vegas for the night, and thieves hit the truck. Our cameras got the story - two skinny assed twenty something white trash in a POS bronco rolled up, and over the course of 12 minutes took 1200 dollars in rims.

Despite the cameras, the gear, the sensor racks, all of that. 250,000 dollars of crap just sitting there....

And they just took the - stock - wheels.

I imagine if they were good at stealing, they'd be working for MF Global or Chase or something.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Personally I think this is a great idea... Just placing the stickers on the outside of the vehicle shows that you care about not only your safety but the safety of others.. Heaven forbid you are in an accident and incapacitated at least it shows that safety equipment is immediately available.. The other side of the coin is that should your vehicle happen to be unattended near the scene of an accident I would forgive someone for breaking a window to get to the equipment if it meant saving someone's life..I will take 4 sets please...

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I appreciate that- If you'll note- these were decals I designed in photoshop and had made up for me personally. Folks started PM'ing me and asking where did I get them. So, I make up about 10 sets at a time. It is expensive that way because I use high quality UV material and a transfer sheet to make sure of a good no bubble adherence the first time, but I didn't do this as a money making opportunity, rather as a way for folks that would care for folks in an emergency to know they have the correct gear verses losing valuable time going from vehicle to vehicle searching frantically. It isn't an invitation for someone to break into my truck, but if someone wants to break into my truck - I don't think my decals are going to attract or distract someone from doing so.
At any rate, what happened to "if you can't say something nice, ... don't say anything at all" If you think it is a bad idea ... move along.
Thanks for the order Shane!
Dendy

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Monies received! Thanks guys. Ghostship- he may have been joking- but since this is the internet - no way of knowing. However, if he wants a decal that says Valuables Inside ... I can do that!! :D

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater