eXpeditionXterra Build Up

Casper

Adventurer
Sweeeeet. :wings:

I have to complain about one thing though, you and photos.....what's up??? I know you are a good photographer, so why do you always post "teaser" pics???? :mad: Never the full thing???? :Wow1:

Hehe, just teasing. :ylsmoke:

Congrates on the trailer, you are going to love it.

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos
:smiley_drive:

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
Only because I was pulling it with the 4Runner, so it wouldn't have been appropriate for this thread...

But here you go... Picked it up in AZ then headed to OR through NV, and am on the way back to CA after some steelhead fishing on the rogue.

trailer2.jpg

trailer3.jpg

(phone pics)

Casper

Adventurer
Nice looking. You have got to be stoked about it. Who cares if your pulling it with the Toy, as long as we get to see it.

Congrats dude,

JSP

Slipstream

Beware Ninja Jesus
Wow. A very well planned and executed build.

You mentioned on board water earlier. Were you referring to potable (drinking) water? Where did you end up mounting this?

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
Wow. A very well planned and executed build.

You mentioned on board water earlier. Were you referring to potable (drinking) water? Where did you end up mounting this?

I have a 5 gallon frontrunner can just in front of the fridge in the truck, and now the 20 gallon tank on the trailer.

The 5 gallon tank replaced the odyssey battery that was located behind the fridge originally.. I just recently relocated the two auxiliary 2150 batteries to the rear passenger floor boards.

Shu x

Like others have said, you are truly an inspiration. Any updates on the solar power? I'm very curious to see how you'll implement this, but no rush. :sombrero:

mayoibushi

Observer
updates!

can you post a pic of everything in the truck like a outside, under, inside drivers, inside passenger, rear etc. I wanna see the whole layout and im sure others will also.

Morb

I was thinking the same thing too, but if I have water at that level I probably have other things to worry about. Regardless, I mounted all my gear on the back of the rear passenger seat after shimming in plywood betrween the seatback and the fabric. I can't pull that seat out as it's the jump seat for the youngin right now, so I might as well make use of it.

Dgurley2000

Adventurer
I was thinking the same thing too, but if I have water at that level I probably have other things to worry about. Regardless, I mounted all my gear on the back of the rear passenger seat after shimming in plywood betrween the seatback and the fabric. I can't pull that seat out as it's the jump seat for the youngin right now, so I might as well make use of it.

My thought was if I'm stuck in water I might want to use my radio to call for help. But - if I've taken on water might be an issue. Maybe I can build a levee :)

Lajning

Observer
One thing you could do is to water proof the actual components in the radios. Clear lacquer and that neat elecric grease stuff. Might be worth a shot at least. Nice build btw, keep 'em pics comin'.

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
My thought was if I'm stuck in water I might want to use my radio to call for help. But - if I've taken on water might be an issue. Maybe I can build a levee :)

You know, I hadn't really thought about it too much, but you make a good point. I might actually look at relocating them to the cavity under the deck that I built where the Xantrex already lives.. I don't think I will have much of an issue though, the truck is sitting pretty high, and I tend to avoid the deep stuff if I can. I have so much electronics on this boat, it shouldn't be going snorkeling if I can avoid it! The computer is at nearly the same level as those radios in case you didn't know it :)

Closest I came to flooding the radios was the A/C condenser drain plugged up.. before I knew what was going on there was a lake in the passenger seat foot well. Scary stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk