EXPO MJs

Waytec

Adventurer
I went to my local Kenwood shop today and they were showing me the head unit with the Garmin add-ons but the Garmin is the on road, no detail topo version. They are going to look into it some more but is there a way to run the tops from my 60 series

Go4Lo

Explorer
I went to my local Kenwood shop today and they were showing me the head unit with the Garmin add-ons but the Garmin is the on road, no detail topo version. They are going to look into it some more but is there a way to run the tops from my 60 series

Not sure if you got an answer to this question or not but I never got a "solid" answer from Garmin whether or not the Topo maps could be used with the Kenwood unit. However, the Garmin unit has the base maps (road only) built in and an SD slot for add on maps. I not longer have the truck but I had planned to buy an SD card loaded with Topo maps and leave it in the Garmin unit. The nav controls allow you to switch between base made and SD or additional maps. Hope this helps.

eleblanc

Adventurer
Not sure if you got an answer to this question or not but I never got a "solid" answer from Garmin whether or not the Topo maps could be used with the Kenwood unit. However, the Garmin unit has the base maps (road only) built in and an SD slot for add on maps. I not longer have the truck but I had planned to buy an SD card loaded with Topo maps and leave it in the Garmin unit. The nav controls allow you to switch between base made and SD or additional maps. Hope this helps.

See this...
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ut-topo-maps-your-garmin-kenwood-dnx7100.html

flyn2er

Observer
Here's mine

Attachments

• 100_5008 (800x543).jpg
    100_5008 (800x543).jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 012 (640x480).jpg
    012 (640x480).jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 55

lthixson

87 Comanche with 2000 XJ front clip, interior, 4.0L, Auto, 4x4, 4" lift. Added the Wilderness tent and plan on adding a second fuel tank.
23.jpg

lthixson

I'm thinking of painting the camper with a light gray primer. That way it will match the pinstripe, wheels and interior and be easy to repair if it gets scratched. What do you think?

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Adding my build in here. 90 Eliminator. Go to my build thread for info. Oddly, going for the same look as Gaucho919's build.
snow load.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk