Expo seating?

xjaugie

Adventurer
I'm thinking of replacing the seats in my 95.5 tacoma. The current original seats look good with no tears but at thier age the drivers seat is a little mushy and I was thinking of maybe replacing the seats with somekind of aftermarket seat but know little about them. Suggestions?

slus

Adventurer
I dumped the stock bench in my 97 Tacoma when I had it for a set of Corbeau race seats. If I did it again, I would go with something like the Baja RS seats posted above. The race buckets were more supportive, but a chore to get in and out of in a truck that was high off the ground.

Youngunner

Adventurer
You can't beat a set of 89-95 Toyota buckets. 100 bucks from pick and pull and there were a dozen of the 4runners in my local yard so I got mint condition seats Good foam, smoke free, etc. The version with tilting headrests, adjustable lumbar and bolsters is by far the best seat Toyota ever made. Took a little welding on one of the feet, but 3 out of 4 bolts fit the Tacoma. Had to do some side cover trimming for the Tacoma seatbelt receivers. They are covered with the ballistic cordura seat covers now.

249889_611921282919_23801342_33011542_4697297_n.jpg

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
IF you can find them, the ST165 Celica all trac seats are probably THE MOST comfortable seats I have ever had. They had power lumbar and power side supports. They are said to bolt into 4runners and Tacomas. I have not tried though.

corax

Explorer
IF you can find them, the ST165 Celica all trac seats are probably THE MOST comfortable seats I have ever had. They had power lumbar and power side supports. They are said to bolt into 4runners and Tacomas. I have not tried though.

the one's in your pic are even the same color as mine :D - here's my install (post#13)
100_2700.jpg

The only problem I've found is that in a 2 door 1st gen 4runner the passenger side doesn't slide far enough forward to allow easy in and out of the back seats. I can squeeze through, but have to turn sideways and watching someone go through the contortions of getting out is amusing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk