Extended Range Gas Tank for Wranglers.

cybercat

Adventurer
This tank just plan Rocks!! I was lucky enough to get one of the original batch back in Sep and have loved talking loooong drives ever since. Due to my drive-way being a dirt lot I had to have the guys at Desert Rat install it.
It took a couple of times to get the sender correct but now its dead on.

I also have the brace installed if anyone needs a pics.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Ok, here are some pictures. They are not great as I took this in great haste and my garage was quite dark and the flash was washing everything out. So some are a little fuzzy, but you get the general idea.

The tank will go on this weekend. I will take shots of it once it is on.

IMGP0070.jpg

IMGP0073.jpg

IMGP0064.jpg

IMGP0074.jpg

IMGP0082.jpg

IMGP0085.jpg

IMGP0088.jpg

IMGP0092.jpg

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Sounds good. I will have the tank on this Sunday. I'm surprised I have not seen your Jeep around town. I live over on Airport and Nelson and work on 55th in Boulder. Not a long commute so 31.5 gallons should last me a long time.

newimage

Wood Burner
I also just recently installed a Gen-Right Safari tank in my 05 LJ Love It!
also building a custom off road trailer with a car top camper with enought height and storage to also carry a ATV.
I will post up pics later.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
The tank is on. I can't believe it took so long for me to get around and do this. It seems to take forever for tank to ever drop to empty.

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
I giving Safari tank a hard look for my Unlimited. I can see that most of you are really enjoying the longer range. Do any of you have some range numbers? I'm thinking I could get over 500 miles with my stock Unlimited Rubicon. How hard is the install? I can install a lift kit but dropping the fuel tank intimidates me. Any idea what it would cost to have it installed?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
CA-RJ,

The install is quite easy as long as you have a sawzall. You can't really get in there with a cut off wheel.

When it comes down to it, the install is quite easy. Just make sure you old tank is as empty as possible. There are four connections that need disconnected before you can drop it.

With two people this can be done pretty quickly. It is completely worth the price.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I forgot the range part.

Here is what you might experience. The tank is really 31.5 gallons. Numbers are based on an even 31 gallons.

14mpg in the city equals approximately 434 miles
18mpg on the highway equals approx. 558 miles
9mpg offroad. Fully loaded. Deflated. Equals 279.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I looked on their website but don't see any tanks listed for JK Wranglers --- do they have a tank for the new Jeeps?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Neat; thanks.
The info says 4-door Wrangler; wonder if it would fit a 2-door as well?

I have some time to look. Our next boondoggle won't be until May...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__