Family Camping & Overland Trailer Build(ish)

Mr.Incredible

Welcome to the Timbren family. We’re loving this build. That fold down cutting board and prep table is brilliant.

Thanks! I'm loving the Timbren so far, it just floats down the road compared to the axle that was under it before. I do notice that my trailer seems to list to one side from the back, but don't notice it in the front. I've taken some measurements and it definitely leans, but I can't put my finger on why yet.

It's funny you mention the prep table. I recently (sort of) cut it off and swapped pretty much everything to the other side of the trailer. Because the sink is on the driver's side and the prep table was on the passenger side, I found myself constantly walking back and forth while cooking and because of the height of the tent, I was aways hunched over when using the sink. I cut off the ladder, sold the awning and bought another to mount on the driver's side and then offset the tent to the passenger side. Now the tent is deployed on the PS and the sink is open above. I still have to modify or make another prep table that will fold down next to the sink. It won't be as big but it will be a lot more convenient. I always carry a small portable table so I should still be okay.

edit: I forgot to mention that I would LOVE to build a telescoping rack so that the tent can be in a lower position when towing and then raised up at camp. As I mentioned before, the height of the rack means you're always hunched over when under the tent section and I can't build it higher because it won't fit in my garage. This is also delaying me from building a new prep table while I decide if I want to undertake that project or not.

Last edited:

Timbren

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks! I'm loving the Timbren so far, it just floats down the road compared to the axle that was under it before. I do notice that my trailer seems to list to one side from the back, but don't notice it in the front. I've taken some measurements and it definitely leans, but I can't put my finger on why yet.

It may be a matter of weight distribution and one side being lighter than the other. If you want some help with this give us a call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater