Fiberglass JK Front Bumper

njjeepthing

Explorer
Nice stuff, BUT customer service is horrible. I fought with them for months for a refund, and finally ended up having to have the CC company go after them. Do a search on Jeep Forum/NAXJA, ton's of posts about their horrible service.
Definitely a BUYER BEWARE company.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
They have a ZJ front bumper that is getting more popular too, seems to hold up well.

The corvette comparison is a bit trivial. Canned veggies cans are made of metal like Jeeps but you would not expect a Jeep to fold like one of the cans, like wise, even tho a vette is made of the same material, they are made completely different and the material is a lot thinner.

Here is a pic of a WJ with the fibreglass flares and bumper

IMG00239-20100605-1755.jpg
I agree....thick fiber is much different than thin. there was an Aussie company making glass bullbars a few years and I emailed them w/o an answer. these are so much better looking. Built well i would think you could make one heck of a strong bumper. Love to hear from someone who has one!:coffeedrink:

BEVAN

Adventurer
Bad ***...I would be afraid to bump it into things on the trail though, for fear of scraping the body matched paint I would have to put on it.

FlexdXJ

Adventurer
All,
I just stumbled across this company and thought I would share. I've never heard of them before. Notice the fiberglass bumpers. I wonder how well they hold up. Could make for huge weight savings.

http://icelandoffroad.com/

They hold up great but they have had issues on getting them delivered in the past. A guy down the road has one on his WJ and it took six months to get the bumper. He also has their flares but they only took a couple weeks to be delivered.

Ever see what happens to a Corvette when the body takes a hit?

Ever see what happens when a WJ equipped with one of these hits a car? The car loses. These things are much thicker than a corvette body.

K2ZJ

Explorer
Aberle Off Road makes a $700 65 lb cast aluminum bumper that claims to be strong, as it has no weak welding spots holding it together.

Note how few bumpers have weight listed, ow well, I still like the idea of aluminum.

Is that their marketing ploy? A proper weld is STRONGER than the parent material. I know of plenty of cast aluminum that is crap. I have often thought of making a bumper out of aluminum, but it is way more pricey!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! There are a ton of bumpers for you Wrangler folks! OMG!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk