Fielding opinions, 15 AEV JKUR

GetOutThere

Adventurer
You say you don't tow or haul much, so I would trade both and grab a new Jeep. Not necessarily an AEV build though. If you know what you need, and the AEV checks all the boxes perfectly, then fire away. If it doesn't, buy a stocker and mod to your needs.

Alternatively, wait two years and see what the 2017 Wrangler looks like. If it's awesome, go for it instead. If it's an IFS nightmare, go for a 2016, which will be cheaper. A two year waiting game doesn't strike me as a real option for you though.

LL247

Observer
definitely cheaper to buy a new rubicon and mod it the way you want.. i did that with my 2015 and couldn't be happier..

I'm leaning enough that direction that I called my guy at the dealership and asked how much of a hit I'd take on my truck. Fortunately I'm a loyal customer at the Jeep/Ram dealer by my house, know the management staff personally, and am a finance manager for another brand (Subaru/Mazda) so I should get a solid shake. Plus, they have the largest inventory in the area and have more than one that suit my needs sitting on the lot. Not making a definitive decision, but willing to explore. Prefer to have all the information on a situation rather than wonder 'what if'. Ideally having a Rubi with 4:10's and the tow package should work since this time around I'm not going above a 33'' tire. Figure the heaviest thing I tow are motorcycles and potentially a small camper.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Yeah, you don't need anything but a stock Rubi with 4.10s to run 33s.
I'm stock (except for headlights) and run 255/80-17 Cooper ST-Maxx.

LL247

Observer
Ended up trading my wife's JKU, my JKU and Ram 2500 for a new Grand Cherokee Altitude and a JKUR auto with 4:10's. Overall we lowered our payments and freed up more mod-money in the budget to build the new JK. Got to strip some of the goodies off my trade plus keep the expensive fuel 20''wheels/33''coopers on my wife's JKU. Hate rolling on these 20's, but considering they're 6 months old and a pretty penny, I'm replacing and selling them.

newjeeps1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven