Finally, introducing myself and my landyacht, 7.3L F-350

Coscienceguy

Observer
Well, I've been cruising this site for almost a year now, getting ideas really for a big trip we did in the truck this past summer. I built in a sleeping platform and complete 12v system for camping/roadtripping. This will be a thread to show the progression of my truck from July 2012 to the future, a great project, and childhood dream.

My truck from puchase date:
99 F-350 XLT crew cab, 8' bed. AFE cold air intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, Edge +80 programmed, 4" lift.
IMAG0046.jpgIMAG0104.jpgIMG_1693.jpgIMG_1287.jpgIMAG0226.jpgIMAG0227.jpgIMG_0331.jpgIMG_1763.jpg

Coscienceguy

Observer
The test trip to Rainbow Falls

Testing everything out that I built. Dogs and wife included:)IMG_1744.jpgIMG_2191.jpgIMG_2172.jpgIMG_2164.jpgIMG_2156.jpgIMG_2154.jpgIMG_2150.jpgIMG_2168.jpgIMG_2193.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 125
Still couldn't see any pictures of the truck????? All I saw was a great looking lady (maybe two...turn that dog upside down for a tick) in front of a white backdrop!

I like the use of the canopy, mine has barn doors but I am going to try to copy the tarp setup...what did you use for the poles to support the tarp? I assume it is just a normal *x* tarp from the hardware store?

Good times are always better when the wife and pup come along.

camodog

Adventurer
I also have a f350 crew 7.3l that we sleep in and camp out of. I just recently bought a 05 Jeep Wrangler LJR. I need to get a car trailer so I can still sleep in our mobile hotel and ride around in the jeep for fun. There is a meet up in Denver on 02/25, check the four corners page for more details.

Coscienceguy

Observer
Still couldn't see any pictures of the truck????? All I saw was a great looking lady (maybe two...turn that dog upside down for a tick) in front of a white backdrop!

I like the use of the canopy, mine has barn doors but I am going to try to copy the tarp setup...what did you use for the poles to support the tarp? I assume it is just a normal *x* tarp from the hardware store?

Good times are always better when the wife and pup come along.

I just used adjustable painter poles from Lowes, they were like $13 each. Two for the tarp ends, and then cut another two for the adjustable legs on the pull out table.

Ordered the tarp online in White to match truck color and size, 8x16 i believe. worked well!

rfroy

Observer
Nice setup. I noticed the paint roller handles and just happen to have a couple my self...guess no win I need to paint I will have to get the polls out of the truck! Table idea is neat but I assume you sit bins and boxes on it while driving then slide them back under the bed when the table is up? How are you attaching the legs to the table?

uscg2008

Explorer
Not going to lie I'm going to steal your idea for painters poles to use for the tarp and table. Do you have any more pics of how you attach it to tarp, and does the end of the pole fit up into the hole?

Coscienceguy

Observer
Nice setup. I noticed the paint roller handles and just happen to have a couple my self...guess no win I need to paint I will have to get the polls out of the truck! Table idea is neat but I assume you sit bins and boxes on it while driving then slide them back under the bed when the table is up? How are you attaching the legs to the table?

Yeah it is the drawer that I just flip over and insert the poles in, I just screwed in pole holders that screwed into the back of my 2x6 drawer pull. I'll see if I can get a pick, I need to get my insert back in there for the summer soon! It comes out pretty easy too!

Thanks for all the compliments!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great simple setup and good to see you out using it instead of getting caught up in endless building.
Looks like a fun family and happy dog which is all that really matters in life.
Keep posting up the pics & trip reports!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad