Finally, introducing myself and my landyacht, 7.3L F-350

xbox73

Adventurer

I thought the ambulance battery boxes were supposed to pivot down to allow battery access / replacement. But after a long time procrastinating, I finally got around to ordering one, and mine looks exactly like yours, incl. the 2 cable tethers. Is one really supposed to have to loosen the 4 bolts to the frame every time one wants to access the battery box. If so, it's fortunate that one doesn't have to access it too often once initially set up.

Also, even though it looks like you have yours tucked up pretty much as high as it will go, it looks like the bottom of the battery box still hangs down a couple of inches below the pinch rail? Lastly, I'm planning to mount mine on an Excursion (same wheelbase as reg cab, long bed); which side did you mount the box on, how far back & were there already existing bolt holes in the frame for some or all of the bolts? IIRC, passenger's side works best, as parking brake cable runs down the driver's side, so gets in the way.

Last edited:

Coscienceguy

Observer
I thought the ambulance battery boxes were supposed to pivot down to allow battery access / replacement. But after a long time procrastinating, I finally got around to ordering one, and mine looks exactly like yours, incl. the 2 cable tethers. Is one really supposed to have to loosen the 4 bolts to the frame every time one wants to access the battery box. If so, it's fortunate that one doesn't have to access it too often once initially set up.

Also, even though it looks like you have yours tucked up pretty much as high as it will go, it looks like the bottom of the battery box still hangs down a couple of inches below the pinch rail? Lastly, I'm planning to mount mine on an Excursion (same wheelbase as reg cab, long bed); which side did you mount the box on, how far back & were there already existing bolt holes in the frame for some or all of the bolts? IIRC, passenger's side works best, as parking brake cable runs down the driver's side, so gets in the way.

Yes, The box is kind of difficult to work with at first, but it gets simpler because one side you only have to loosen those 2 bolts to slide it off. I also attached a ground cable with the tether cables on one side. I looked around at where to mount it, and the only available spot with pre-existing holes is the passenger side, under the front door. It hangs a little low, but nothing too bad, and has worked will so far!

Coscienceguy

Observer
update of rig! and Spring Camping

Beginning of 2014 to Spring Break 103.jpgRaptor style lights in the grill.

Beginning of 2014 to Spring Break 112.jpgBeginning of 2014 to Spring Break 113.jpgBeginning of 2014 to Spring Break 114.jpgBeginning of 2014 to Spring Break 115.jpg

Added curtains to our sleeping set up, couldn't find anything on here about it, so I'll be making another thread in the appropriate sections showing more pictures.

Coscienceguy

Observer
more pics

Beginning of 2014 to Spring Break 124.jpgBeginning of 2014 to Spring Break 123.JPGBeginning of 2014 to Spring Break 131.jpgBeginning of 2014 to Spring Break 129.jpg spring camping in Colorado! "The mountains got it's own way pilgrim."~Jeremiah Johnson

Beginning of 2014 to Spring Break 029.jpg raptor lights at night with grill lights

conifers4

Suburban nomad
First off your raptor lights look great! Secondly, I love how you've been putting it all together. Thirdly? keep the pics coming.

SJEEPER

Observer
like your curtain idea. I want something similar for my cap but don't want to drill into the fiberglass, wasn't sure if glue would hold but now I think I might give it a shot!

Also love the snow camping shots!

wallace2000

I love what youre doing with your truck. Where did you get the red lights you mounted inside your cab and the little "raptor" lights you mounted up front?

Coscienceguy

Observer
I love what youre doing with your truck. Where did you get the red lights you mounted inside your cab and the little "raptor" lights you mounted up front?

The raptor lights are eBay, just search amber led pods I think.
The red interior lights is a kit from led glow.com, they have colors and a multicolor one too. Pretty simple, just wired it in with the horn fuse so it can always be on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad