Finally starting on the 416!

txtuffluck

I bought this M416 from a member here last October and finally began the build process a few weeks ago.

I separated the tub and frame, then had it blasted and primed(will be picking up this week or next). I think I'm going to do a sand color on the tub/lid(still working on sourcing/building the lid) and black or gray frame. I'd like to paint it to match the Tacoma, but I think a black tub would basically become an oven here in TX during the summer.

Other plans/mods
1. Extend trailer tongue and add a Max Coupler
2. 3,500 axle/electric brake set up to run same wheels and tires as the Tacoma
3. SOA
4. LED lights (interior/exterior)
5. add trailer tongue box and additional mounting options for fuel/water,propane
6. new wiring
7. eventually($$$) a trailer top tent

Comments/Suggestions from anyone who is familiar with this type of project(as there seem to be plenty here) are more than welcome.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 21

72rallye440

image.jpg

Here's my recent build color matched to my Gecko green Jeep. I had a lot of fun building and learned a lot. If you need any help I'm sure there are a lot of folks including myself willing to help.

txtuffluck

Thanks Nate! I've felt bad about it taking this long...works been a monster though.

72rallye440...do you have a build thread somewhere? Trailer & Jeep look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

DonBeasley

Adventurer
View attachment 181120

Here's my recent build color matched to my Gecko green Jeep. I had a lot of fun building and learned a lot. If you need any help I'm sure there are a lot of folks including myself willing to help.

Great build. Do you wear sunglasses when looking at that!!! LOL

If you can dream it up for an M416, someone on here has tried it and sometimes succeeded. Lots of good builds on here. Yes black is hot in TX. The lid for mine is black and you could cook on it in July!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77