fire extinguisher mounts

nerfherder101

I'm running a 2011 Tacoma and wondering if anyone here has ideas where I can mount a fire extinguisher and what they've used to do so? Thanks.

lugueto

Adventurer
Not a Tacoma, but I bought a 2.5lb fire extinguisher that had its own bracket. A lot of them have their own bracket included, specially the smaller ones.

I simply drilled a couple holes into the seat mount in the floor pan and installed right behind the driver's feet, in front of the seat. Out of the way, easy to reach.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
some of the bigger quickfists work really well for holding fire extinguishers.

robert

Expedition Leader
Mine is in the storage box under the rear jump seat (access cab). Not ideal but still quickly accessible. Whatever you go with make sure that it is secured; in the event of an accident you don't want a steel cylinder coming lose and flying around the cab.

irish_11

Explorer
I mounted one using the bolts on the front of the driver's seat bracket on my FJ62. I think I am going to do the same thing with a 5lb on the passenger of my 2nd gen Tacoma. I used a fire extinguisher mounting bracket sideways on some flat iron. Worked great.

attachment.php

lugueto

Adventurer
^^
This is exactly the same spot I have it on mine. Doesn't interfere and it is really easily accessible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad