First Aid-Bandages, Dressings, Splints, Surgical Inst. NAR equipment

docroh

Observer
NAR Hypothermia Treatment and Prevention Kit-Retail $98 + shipping
$45 shipped. These 'expired' 4/2011, the shelf life is way beyond that but it must be mentioned. -only got 3

SAM Splint II and Soft Shell -$8 each, retail $16.95
I have 2 Sam Splint Pelvic Slings-$12
Sterile 4x4 cover sponges (individually wrapped pack of 2) - 15 for $3
Sterile eye pad (individually wrapped) - 15 for $3 **use these instead of 2x2s, they are thicker and more absorbant**
Sterile Kerlix 4.5in x 4.1 yd (individually wrapped) $2 each
1 inch Curasilk Cloth Tape - $1/roll
3 Inch Durapore Surgical Tape - $2.50/roll
Oropharyngeal Airways/Nasopharyngeal Airways - $1 per (universal size)
6 inch ACE wraps- $1

Here is a short list of the instruments I have:
Sklar Trauma Shears (large ones you cut through jeans with) - $5

All instruments are Stainless Steel stuff. German or US made, not paki-crap (Miltex, Mueller and Sklar brands)
Surgical SS 4 inch general purpose shears - $6
Small Needle driver - $8
Large hemostats (8inch) curved and straight - $10
Some smaller hemostats (curved and straight) $8
Ring Cutter - $12
Reflex Hammer - $5
5.5 inch forceps (with tissue-teeth) - $8
Extracting Forceps (dental) -$15 Whisky not included for extraction
Mastoid Retracters (like mini wheatlands)-$40
Large ET tube forceps- $10
Kelly Artery Forceps - $8

I have 2-6 quantities on the above. I'll mark them off the list as they sell.

These are all new in original packaging.

Shipping depends on what you want. Priority or Parcel Post. Usually try to go with flat rate.

Attachments

• FA1intape.JPG
    FA1intape.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 124
  • FA4x4.JPG
    FA4x4.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 140
  • FA1x3tape.JPG
    FA1x3tape.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 146
  • FAKerlix.JPG
    FAKerlix.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 135
  • FAeyepad1.JPG
    FAeyepad1.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 145
  • FAeyepad.JPG
    FAeyepad.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 144
  • SAMSplintII2.JPG
    SAMSplintII2.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
PM sent with an order for some of everything.
These are great prices if anyone else is interested.

A couple questions I’m sure others who will order will like to know:
What are the expiration dates on bandages, sponges and pads ?
Payment method. Is Paypal OK ?
Have you confirmed the CAT tourniquets are not ‘airsoft counterfeits (a big problem last year) ? Know source, or inspection of tourniquet. (Information is here: http://www.medicalsci.com/files/combat_application_tourniquet__gen_iii_vs._e-cat___nxpowerlite_.pdf

Fish

Adventurer
The picture of the Israeli bandages shows a 2013 expiration.

I'll take a couple of CATs and maybe some other stuff pending answers to the questions above about counterfeits and payment preferred.

What are your quantities like?

Caduceus

Adventurer
based on what I can see of the picture, they look identical to the issued gear that I'm carrying in my aid bag.

docroh

Observer
Thanks for the interest guys.

The C-A-T are legit. These are the ones sold by NAR rescue to the troops. They have a new designe out now with a little more bling but they are going for $34.95

Mog-you order is up.

All bandages expire late 2012-mid 2013. I won't send you anything dusty or dirty.

I've also got 2 C-collars (universal fit) $20 each.
Sam Splint Pelvic Slings (2) at $20 each.
Sam Splint Soft-Shell Spints at $8 each but I have a limited quantity.

I have many tools in the packaging but have not gotten around to sorting them yet. (needle-drivers, cokers, alice clamps, scissors (trauma and surgical) and ring cutters....it will be too late by the time you realize you need one of those!) Let me know if there is interest in these items and I can get them up eventually. I have sterile drapes (18x26 in sterile fields) as well - 5/$3 They make a good clean work surface. All individually packed.

Paypal- danrohweder@yahoo.com of course I appreciate it as a gift to avoid fees. Either way its a win-win. Come on! My 80 needs a 4 inch lift :)

docroh

Observer
Thanks Kyle, got it and it will go out very soon.

Hope you never need any of this stuff:sombrero:at least not personally. Used plenty of it on the trail for others.

TurboChris

Adventurer
I spent a lot of time and money last year putting together a very comprehensive First Aid Kit.....your prices are great!

tperkins

Observer
Bump for great prices. I'd order a handful of goodies, but I just placed my big bi-yearly order from Rescue Essentials haha. But yeah, to everyone, CAT's work great, and you cant beat that pricing. I have three already. If you cant stop bleeding with Kerlix or a TQ, you have bigger problems (which is why I have HemCon and QuikClot).

docroh

Observer
Here is a short list of the instruments I have:

Sklar Trauma Shears (large ones you cut through jeans with) - $5

All instruments are Stainless Steel stuff. German or US made, not paki-crap (Miltex, Mueller and Sklar brands)
Surgical SS 4 inch general purpose shears - $6
Small Needle driver - $8
Large hemostats (8inch) curved and straight - $10
Some smaller hemostats (curved and straight) $8
Ring Cutter - $12
Reflex Hammer - $5
5.5 inch forceps (with tissue-teeth) - $8
Extracting Forceps (dental) -$15 Whisky not included for extraction :)
Mastoid Retracters (like mini wheatlands)-$40
Large ET tube forceps- $10
Kelly Artery Forceps - $8

I have 2-6 quantities on the above. I'll mark them off the list as they sell.

docroh

Observer
got a bunch of hemcon and quick-clot but that stuff expires too fast. In a pinch I'll use it.....or try cauterizing with gun powder like they did on Dual Survival :) Got 35lbs of that stuff laying around:)

docroh

Observer
For you hard core guys

FareTec Femoral Leg Traction Pediatric and Adult Kit
CT-6 Mil spec unit. -$75

This is a a very compact Traction kit. Very lightweight when compared to REEL or HARE traction units. Perfect for backcountry rescue teams. Unit weighs 500grams Fits in small bag: 27x8x8cm. NSN# 6515 01 521 5730 Part # 1126624-M

Read everything here:
http://www.faretec.com/CT-6-carbon-traction-leg-splint.html

Also got several of the REEL Femoral Traction Units. These are the big boys, anodized aluminum - retail for over $500. $100 + shipping.

Caduceus

Adventurer
Bump for great prices. I'd order a handful of goodies, but I just placed my big bi-yearly order from Rescue Essentials haha. But yeah, to everyone, CAT's work great, and you cant beat that pricing. I have three already. If you cant stop bleeding with Kerlix or a TQ, you have bigger problems (which is why I have HemCon and QuikClot).

Agreed... but you've got it a bit backward. QuickClot's supposed to be used before TQ. That's a last ditch.

If TQ doesn't work, apply 2nd TQ directly above (proximal) the the first. You can use combat gauze (and I assume QC or HC) after the TQ is applied to block off any residual bleeds, but it's not a magic blood stopper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven