First Aid kits suck

nwoods

Expedition Leader
As for kits, I have been very pleased with the Adventure Medical Kits Comprehensive and Fundamentals kits. I added a few over the counter meds, and some other items I personally like, but they are both very well put together and under $200.

-H-

How well have those kits lasted? My problem with the Red Cross kits and cheaper REI kits is that the products dry out or whatever, and the bandages and ointments become useless in a year or two. I need to replace all of my kits soon (immediately, as soon as I can afford it), and don't want to experience the same limited lifespan.

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
Second both Where there Is....books. There is also a women's healthcare book that I haven't had the opportunity to get yet, but will add it to my library, too.
-H-

if you clicked on the link, there's several women's healthcare books including Where Women Have No Doctor, also a free download on their site :sombrero:
http://www.hesperian.org/publications_download.php
It's great that you can find most texts in digital form these days. I love the fact that I can keep a whole library downloaded into PDF's on the laptop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater