First gen Taco high clearance tire carrier bumper

capturecolorado

Hooray bikes!
SOLD!!

This is the same bumper as the one I built for Squeaky Penguin earlier this year, minus the Rotopax mount. Just to give everyone some history, this isn't my first bumper... it's #7, I've built a few for Jeeps and Tacos, so I've become somewhat familiar with what works and doesn't...

I'm selling to fund the repairs of my truck, particularly the back end - I want to replace the bed and go the route of a custom TacoChaser.

I have a custom built rear tire carrier bumper for a first gen Toyota Tacoma, designed to be high-clearance for maximum departure angle. This utilizes a heavy-duty dual-sheer bearing spindle for the hinge, 750lb latch, and 3/16" tube for the swingout. The bumper itself is constructed of heavy-duty 3/16" plate and tube for maximum protection of the vehicle against rocks or tailgaters.

It is painted black with Duplicolor bedliner.

*Note: this bumper REQUIRES trimming of the bedsides to be level with the frame rail height in order to fit.

Features:
- 3/16" steel construction all-around
- thick 1/4" mounting brackets utilize factory mounting points - no drill install
- CNC 1" thick recovery tabs for 7/8" d-rings
- integrated tow hitch w/ chain hoops for towing abilities
- heavy duty dual-sheer spindle w/ bearings for reliability and longevity of the tire carrier
- standard 6-lug Toyota bolt pattern - mount any 6-lug toyota wheel to the carrier
- Light tabs for auxiliary reverse lights
- 750lb latch for peace of mind driving down rough roads

*note: lights and tire/wheel NOT included in sale - bumper only.

IMG_20141209_102653.jpg

IMG_20141209_102703.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle