First Post, First Question Please ADVISE

cordrayj1

This is my first post and i need some advice. I am looking at putting a lift on my vehicle which is a 2000 4runner SR5 5speed 4x4. i already have an ARB bull bar and will be getting a Warn M8000 winch hopefully in the next few months...I was looking at the Fabtech FTS2200K coilovers for the front. My only concern is that they are for a tundra? Can anyone give me some guidance on this situation? Also I am looking for some stiffer suspension in the rear that will not sag as bad in the rear when i am towing my boat. I was looking at OME for the rear. Also, i am looking to gain 2-3" of lift (hopefully 3") and i know i will have to put the differential drop on too. Anyone w/ any suggestions or advise please post your opinions.

Thanks,

Johnny C.

2000 4runner SR5 4wd 5speed
ARB Bull Bar
Cooper Discoverer ST 265/75/R16
Deckplate Mod

cordrayj1

so i am pretty much convinced that sonoran steel is the place to get the lift...and i think i will go with the 7 series lift. Just one more question, i have pretty good mechanic skills and my cousins have done numerous lifts on their t100's tundras, and tacoma's. just wondering how long a lift is gonna take to put on....just so i know if i need to line up a car while we are putting the lift on. To me, the installation seems pretty straight forward. anyone have any thoughts on some possible problems during the install?

Cackalak Han

Explorer
If your cousins have done lifts before, it should only take 2-3 hours. Make sure to PB blaster rusted bolts beforehand. The install is pretty straight forward.

jh504

Explorer
so i am pretty much convinced that sonoran steel is the place to get the lift...and i think i will go with the 7 series lift. Just one more question, i have pretty good mechanic skills and my cousins have done numerous lifts on their t100's tundras, and tacoma's. just wondering how long a lift is gonna take to put on....just so i know if i need to line up a car while we are putting the lift on. To me, the installation seems pretty straight forward. anyone have any thoughts on some possible problems during the install?

You should be able to have it done in a day. Definitely a weekend.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Yeah a full day or weekend would suffice. Make certain you have a hell of a spring compressor as the are a PIA.

Aaron

Applejack

Explorer
Really though, just pay the extra. Unless you've got access to a spring compressor that's bolted to the wall. Those things are widow makers.

cordrayj1

yeah...i saw that it's only 100 extra bucks to have that stuff assembled. 100 bucks vs a PIA. I think ill go with 100 bucks. whats $100 extra when you are spending that much already????

thanks for all the help.

Johnny C.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater