First skidplate

fourfa

Observer
How hard would it be to make it 100%? Welding in some protective bars, maybe a simple cover plate?

BLKNBLU

Explorer
Look at the pic in #15 above and keep in mind that thieves are tweakers. They are going to move on to the next easier target.

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
I would say, yes, it will prevent someone from stealing your cat. It would take much more work then they would be willing to put in to get at your cat. By the time they've unbolted your skid plate (in the dark usually), they will have been under your truck for at least 15 minutes and stand a good chance getting caught.

Tim A

Adventurer
why? skids are there for a reason. it doesnt hurt a thing to bash on em a bit.:smiley_drive:

The reason I got them is for peace of mind, so I don't have to turn around if I come upon rocks. If the skids get a boo-boo I won't cry too much:costumed-smiley-007

I would say, yes, it will prevent someone from stealing your cat. It would take much more work then they would be willing to put in to get at your cat. By the time they've unbolted your skid plate (in the dark usually), they will have been under your truck for at least 15 minutes and stand a good chance getting caught.

UN-Bolting would be nice but Cat stealer's I am sure use a reciprocating saw to cut it off in seconds.

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
UN-Bolting would be nice but Cat stealer's I am sure use a reciprocating saw to cut it off in seconds.

That would make a lot of noise which I'm sure a thief would want to avoid. I'm not saying it's a 100% protection, but I bet you it will detour 99% of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__

Members online