Fisker Files For Chap 11 Bankruptcy Today

crazysccrmd

Observer
The irony of cheap energy means you have a bunch of coal powered cars running around…..😆 it’s good for the environment because it’s electric….. it’s like the folks that say “who needs farms, my food comes from the grocery store”….😆

The irony is that EVs powered by coal power plants still produce less lifetime emissions than an equivalent ICE vehicle, from mining of raw materials through to disposal of the end product.

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
It depends on whose data you believe. Both side in this debate use data most favorable to their side of the argument.

The reality is there hasn't been enough EV's scrapped to have a clear picture of end-of-life costs and not enough volume to know the environmental costs of increased resource extraction.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
The irony is that EVs powered by coal power plants still produce less lifetime emissions than an equivalent ICE vehicle, from mining of raw materials through to disposal of the end product.
I don’t have a dog in the fight, would have no problem owning an electric, I have a hybrid now- but I thing the data is questionable at best up to this point.

ABBB

Well, at this point, if American manufacturers don’t keep up 80% of the world will be driving BYDs in 10 years. Economic competitiveness, if not dominance, is national security. An EV isn’t practical for me yet but I expect it will be one day. Maybe my 200 Series will be worth even more by then!!

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Well, at this point, if American manufacturers don’t keep up 80% of the world will be driving BYDs in 10 years. Economic competitiveness, if not dominance, is national security. An EV isn’t practical for me yet but I expect it will be one day. Maybe my 200 Series will be worth even more by then!!
If we see “Great Wall” trucks out on the trails we know we’ve lost, any action in Taiwan would greatly diminish Chinas access to our markets I assume anyway.

Last edited:

montechie

I’ve seen 3 or 4 if the R1T trucks in central Colorado this week, none of them dirty though. Seems they like brewery parking lots.
Haha, I like the R1Ts but so true. We have quite a few around Bozeman now, but I don't see them out on the back roads and certainly not trails here. Of course I also don't see many of the heavily modified Wranglers, Gladiators, and Tacos either that are brewery cruisin' in town either. 🤷‍♂️

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Haha, I like the R1Ts but so true. We have quite a few around Bozeman now, but I don't see them out on the back roads and certainly not trails here. Of course I also don't see many of the heavily modified Wranglers, Gladiators, and Tacos either that are brewery cruisin' in town either. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I think you need those fancy boxes mounted on your rack to hang out in brewery’s…😆

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner