FJ rack

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Any specific reason you mounted the floor below the cross rails? Wouldn't the floor receive even more support from the crossbars (Instead of just the dimple dies) that way?

I like it and great job by the way.

Layonnn

Adventurer
Any specific reason you mounted the floor below the cross rails? Wouldn't the floor receive even more support from the crossbars (Instead of just the dimple dies) that way?

Maybe to keep stuff from sliding around??? Just a thought.

It looks great. It also looks a bit on the heavy side. Do you have a weight estimate on that thing?

TBob

Thanks -
Mounting on top an you loose 1.5" of space, plus I thought it would be nice to have sections for stuff - easier to keep things from sliding around. I made each section a different size for different size objects. With 16 gauge dimple died strength is not a problem.

TBob

Don't have a scale to weight it I would say 120-130.

Maybe to keep stuff from sliding around??? Just a thought.

It looks great. It also looks a bit on the heavy side. Do you have a weight estimate on that thing?

blatant

Adventurer
you whipping those up? I'm local I would think from id'ing the place and i think you're familiar on ttora. Pm me on costs or seconds if you jack a build up. I'll swing by.

Woodsman

Adventurer
Great looking rack and, hey, that Sandstorm looks about as good as mine. :)

I really like the floor material on that rack and the way the rear tapers down to follow the roof line. I am also curious how noisy it is. Again, looks great.

TBob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven