flatbed storage box

jgallo1

Adventurer
I am about to flatbed my truck. I will be using the flatbed for work.
I am also going to change my camper to a flatbed camper that I will take on and off.

One thing that crossed my mind, was I am going to need to figure out an easily removable storage box solution for the flatbed.
I know there are the classic metal boxes that you can drill down. I was hoping to find an easier solution maybe a yeti cooler or load out, Roam case, etc..
Something that can be locked down but comes on and off quickly.

I am curious what solutions others have come up with.
Thanks

LikeABoss

Observer
I put a subfloor under mine which squares out the bedside area. Boxes in the space as well as just aluminum doors. The whole thing then lifts on and off the bed.

2f886e8e692262e43c33703b9349e03d.jpg

1012db6b2ac6ab3ee5010115fa602967.jpg

jgallo1

Adventurer
That's an interesting idea. I would go with something like that but, I will be using the flatbed for hay and other ranch needs.
I was hoping to find something for when the camper was off that I could just secure near the front of the flatbed for extra storage. I would be able to take it on and off easier than the classic truck boxes that bolt on.

LikeABoss

Observer
Ah, so you want to keep the boxes on when the camper is off. I was thinking you wanted it all off. If the boxes stay on most of the time, why not just bolt down?

Build an angle iron subframe of sorts for the boxes with stakes, so you can drop them into the stake pockets. Put a bolt in the middle stake so they don't bounce out when you hit a speed bump at 100 mph. If the boxes are empty, they can be swung on and off in a couple minutes if you have a helper. They get pretty heavy when they're full though. Being able to take them off so you can load or unload from the side with a forklift or tractor is great.

Welding nuts in the bed floor works too, but you'd probably want to keep a bolt in them even with the boxes off so you don't damage the threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger