Fleetwood Neon Electrical Help

TJFJSoCal

My husband and I have a 2006 Fleetwood Neon that we have made some modifications to (flipped the axle, larger tires, etc.).

We've taken it on some rough trails and it's always done great, but we're having electrical issues with the heater and lights, which we think is related to being jostled over rough terrain for hours.

We fixed it once (wires had been jiggled loose), but now we're stumped. Does anyone have experience with the Neon's electrical system?

And no, taking it to a Fleetwood dealership for service doesn't work.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Can you provide more detailed information.

When you say lights, do you mean the external lights, i.e stop/turn/brake/running or internal lights for illuminating the cabin.

Does the trailer have an electrical junction box, or fuse box?

What are the issues you are talking about, when do they occur?

Do you have an electrical diagram of the trailer?

How does the electrics connect to the vehicle, 4 pin, 6 pin, 7 pin.

Can you provide pictures of anything that may help?

dms1

Explorer
I have a 2000 Fleetwood motorhome I bought used and when I wanted to add some electrical outlets, I called Fleetwood for some information and they sent me out a complete wiring schematic of my motorhome for free. You might want to give them a call and see if they can provide you a schematic for your trailer.

TJFJSoCal

That is a good idea - I will call Fleetwood and see if they can help.

Regarding what exactly isn't working I will ask my husband to post - what i know is that we don't have a fuse box and right now the external & internal lights won't work and the heater won't come on, although the little tiny light on the heater control panel is on.

Cruiser99

Check the bed extension interlock switch. The metal bracket that press this switch when the bed is deployed bends sometimes causing the lights and the heater not to work.

That is a good idea - I will call Fleetwood and see if they can help.

Regarding what exactly isn't working I will ask my husband to post - what i know is that we don't have a fuse box and right now the external & internal lights won't work and the heater won't come on, although the little tiny light on the heater control panel is on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3